ραят 1, ѕтσяутιмє

It was all fun and games for a while.
The monsters, getting out of the Underground, have been really nice, always friendly and peaceful, until that one fateful day.
The day hell broke loose.
The humans always hated the child that freed the monsters. They always sent assassins after them. They just wanted the young child dead, at all costs.
It didn't matter how, all it was truly important was if they can succeed in trapping the monsters back Underground.
All the attempts failed.. that's a lie.
The child has been found dead by the Queen of monsters.
War raised forth. The monsters adored, loved the child. As a sibling, as a child, as a good friend. So when they discovered the corpse.. They wanted revenge.
The humans were truly formidable foes. But they couldn't last long.
So most of them died, the ones left simply retreating into the former home of monsterkind, the Underground.
The monsters sealed the entrance to the Underground shut, huge rocks blocking the only way out.
And there they lived, getting more and more used to the Underground, and adapting as quick as they could. Soon, they learnt to love their new home, getting a gentle, careful attitude when anything sudden happened. If a person living in Waterfall would come all the way to their friend in Snowdin, they would be welcomed with open arms. The humans changed for the better, while the monsters got.. quite vicious.
So when a human finds a delicate-looking paintbrush, joy envelops her whole being.
The human ran to her parents, a carefree smile on her face.
It has been exactly twenty years since the humans were sealed Underground. The child that now is twenty-five, at the fragile age of five, had to witness the deaths of every person she heald dear, besides her mother and father. History itself, wiped out in a few days.
"Mom, mom, I found a paintbrush! Dad look!" she said merrily, grinning from ear to ear.
The parents chuckled gently and pat her head, the father ruffling her hair.
She pouted and geared playfully at him, being mad that she was so short compared to the other humans.
"That's great, little Y/N. I'm really happy you could actually find something in the dump." the mother said, clicking her tongue at her daughter's love of going searching through the waterfalls.
"Geez mom, it's fine, I didn't get mud on my clothes again!" she said, winking and shoving the paintbrush in her pockets.
"Mmhm, mmhm. Get ready for dinner, we got some cinnamon from the Ruins. Wonder what kind of monster lived there, it seemed quite homely." the father said, smiling at her.
"Alright! I'll just change my jacket, be right back!" the young adult said and bolted up the stairs of the Christmas-y house they lived in.
"Heh, wonder why there is no shower in this house. Maybe the monsters that lived here were made of fire or didn't have skin to wash." she said, heading to her room at the very end of the small corridor.
She opened the door and smiled serenely as she saw the messy room, going to the old mattress and falling on it, staring at the walls. "I liked this room the very first time I saw it, just my taste, messy and dark." she grinned, throwing her dirty brown jacket at the end of the makeshift bed, oof-ing as she threw her body onto the mattress. "So, let's see. Found a paintbrush, a secret lab-thingy, went to the Hotlands, looked all over the lab, repaired the elevator there aaaaand gave the monsters down in the lab some stuff to do. Well, this has been a long day." she said, her eyes slightly darker, slowly losing their happy façade, wincing as she moved, her hands trembling lightly. "If only those damn humans didn't kill that child.. They were my age! I saw them die and couldn't do anything!" She said, clenching her jaw. "Now they would have been up there, probably going to a big university and enjoying their life! If only I--"
"Y/N sweetie, come downstairs, dinner is ready!" her mom yelled, making a painfully fake smile appear on Y/N's face as she threw one last glance towards the paintbrush poking out of her haphazardly-thrown jacket.
"I know there is something special with that thing. I just know it." she muttered to herself, the door locking behind her with a final 'click'.