Author's note

I apologise but this story is cancelled. It was more of a joke but everyone seems to have wanted it continued. Someone can do so if they wish but

I have another idea for an mlp fanfic that I feel more qualified to pursue.

Prologue

Defying Fate

The crazy pink party pony waved goodbye to Pumpkin Cake as the mare left with her husband Cream Puff in their wagon to deliver a cake order. "Granny" Pinkie Pie was responsible for their Pegasus daughter Cinnamon Swirl. Pinkie was briefly reminded of the times she had to babysit Pumpkin instead. So much had passed since then; Pumpkin became a cutie mark crusader and with the help of Applebloom who ran it every night back then, she got her cutie mark in a snap. More images of Pumpkin and Pound Cake ran through her mind, them being potty trained, finishing school, getting married and the very tragic one of their dearest mother passing away. A tear stained Pinkies coat, followed by many more. Mrs Cake was a second mother to her, she had helped her so much, given her a home, a job and a family. Mr Cake soon followed. Pinkie was heartbroken by then as were the twins. Pinkie recalled the state of depression she fell into, she didn't even attend his funeral.

Pinkie's mind then shifted to her best friends. Fluttershy, Applejack and herself were the only ponies in the group to remain in Ponyville. Twilight became a teacher at Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns as well as the princess of magic and friendship, Pinkie saw her occasionally but it wasn't the same. Pinkie no longer bounced or used trampolines or flew in her now broken helicopter. Her bones were so stiff and she was so tired. Pinkie hadn't made many ponies laugh lately. Rainbow Dash was suffering the same problem, only with her flying. Rainbow Dash was now the Wonderbolt's trainer, watching determined flyers with youth plastered on their faces in looks of joy, competitiveness and passion. Like how she used to be...

Last time Pinkie had seen Dashie was a year ago. Her formally bright, colourful mane was dulled and her wings were in bandages. Her doctor had told her not to push herself as hard as she was. She was old and slowing down, just like Pinkie. They sat together and talked in the exact spot where the entire group used to have picnics together. It was there Twilight had gone crazy over a simple friendship report and they were invited to the royal wedding.

Rainbow was nice enough to Pinkie but it was just small talk. Nopony smiled beyond politeness and a laugh was an alien concept. So much had changed, including Rainbow. Pinkie missed the days when Rainbow's eyes would light up at the mere mention of flight. That day she just bit her lip and turned away, something broken inside. Rainbow Dash had dedicated her whole life to flight, she had no family now. She had achieved her dream yet missed the blissful reality she had left behind, one that was gone forever.

Fluttershy, after her friends had split apart had slowly become more introverted. She once again spent all her time in her cottage with her animal friends, only leaving on urgent matters. Discord has left her, his chaotic being not permanently tamed by her kindness. They had one child together but Discord took Screwball to teach her draqonneqqus magic. Fluttershy hadn't seen them in years. It was clear she missed them both terribly.

Pinkie saw her once a week. This time had started to be spent silently, each having nothing to say. Fluttershy's age was catching up to her more rapidly than anyone else could imagine. Pegasi had the shortest life span out of all the pony types but Fluttershy was just so fragile. Pinkie noticed how frail she looked last visit. She found it hard to understand why this had to happen, why death exists. It wasn't fair.

Rarity had passed away 2 years ago. She had cancer in her lungs; the battle she had was long and hard but eventually it was time, time to give up. She stopped taking her medicine and on her last night the entire group visited her. It was the last time they were all together, laughing and making jokes like they used to. Rarity had lived a fulfilled life. She had eventually moved to Canterlot and set up a new boutique that turned her into a famous fashion designer. She always designed free costumes for her sister as she toured Equestria as a pop star. Her husband and child miss her dearly.

Pinkie Pie sat with Cinnamon letting the infant's youth drag her into her own despair. Pinkie had realised she was afraid of death. She wanted everything to be back the way it was... and she knew how. She bit at an apple she had brought from the arthritis suffering Applejack earlier as a desperate and rather crazy plan formulated in her mind.