Chapter 8

Toma's POV:

As I was walking back a girl comes up to me "Alpha Ren told me to tell you that he'll be back" I nod "O-okay, t-thanks" she bows her head "anything Alpha Toma" she walked back to the kids. I blushed softly and headed back to my room, in the Alphas house, when Ren walked past me kinda stumbling "Ren?" He looked at me and fell kinda onto me, "sorry..."

I chuckled "You alright?" he closed his eyes "I-I don't know" I frown and lead him upstairs. He holds onto me, and fall onto his bed, taking me with him. I grunt "R-Ren.." he frowns and whines a fever breaking through. I put my hand over his forehead then hiss "Ren you're hot, I should go see if your mother can help" he whines and holds onto me "n-no don't leave us" his wolf had taken over.

I lick my lips "I won't leave you for very long" he whines but finally lets me go, "m-mate Toma p-promise to come back?" he looked at me his golden eyes looking at me worried. I nod and smile "I promise, I'll be right back" he closes his eyes nodding slightly, I quickly run out and downstairs "Mrs. Diane?" she was in the library "In the library dear!" I turn and walk into the library.

"I-I think something w-wrong with Ren" she looks at me "what do you mean?" I point upstairs "he has a fever, a high one. One abnormal for wolves that is." Her eyes widen "Come with me" she stood and walked to Rens room. I walk behind her, she walked into Ren's room, she frowns, Ren whines my names softly. I sit on the bed next to him. He lays his head on my lap, "Ren dear" he growled weakly "Ren you need to take the medicine" he growls as she walks closer "Toma he needs this but he won't let me near you or him right now. Can you?"

I raise my eyebrows and nod, I hand on my hand, she hands me the medicine despite a growling Ren. "There is a note telling you what to do, thank you Toma" she backed out of the room.

The note:

This is for when your mate Ren is going through, a phase where he gets sick easily, due to the fact he has found his mate, and he's an alpha soo. He needs constant rest, and sometimes cold baths if it gets too bad. If you are reading this it means my stubborn ass child Ren won't let me near him. You need to get him these medicines every 5 hours, for the next week.

Thanks, Ren's mother Diane.

I sigh and look over at Ren "alright, look, I know medicine sucks but please?" he whines and nudges my stomach "only for mate Toma" I blush softly and hand him the meds "h-here" he takes the meds but after he has a disgusted face "ew, it's nasty!" He shook his head but kept it on me. I chuckle and run a hand through his hair "sleep" he frowns "no, only if mate Toma is protected."

I flush softly "I am protected, I have you and your family." he whines, and curls up next to me, his head still in my lap. "Fine..." he fell asleep in my lap, nose touching my stomach, I smiled and ran a hand through his hair. He growled if anyone even walked past the room, I sigh and close my eyes. 

He woke up and whined, he nudged my cheek, as if scared I died, his heart had almost stopped beating. I moaned softly and woke up "I'm here...I'm here" my voice husky with sleep, his heart started again as he smiles "mate okay! Mate okay!" he nuzzled me taking in my scent. I chuckle softly and look at the clock "shit" I look around and grab the meds "h-here" I handed him the meds.

He whined and took the meds, he laid back down on me "I only live for mate" I narrow my eyes "you won't live unless you take the medicine" he whines "but it tastes bad" my eyebrows shoot up "so you DON'T want to live then?" he whines and looks at the meds, and finally takes them. He shook his head "nasty!" he looked at me and licked my neck softly "this tastes good" I face burned red "R-Ren...!" he whines and moves away "I make mate mad?"

I shake my head "N-N-No I'm sorry, come back" he slowly comes closer to me laying next to me. "I'm sorry, you caught me off guard" he nods and nuzzles my leg, "rest Ren, I'll be right here" he closed his eyes sleeping. I close my eyes and sighs.