5

The Beast⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆🔝🔝🔝🔝🔝🔝🔝🔝🔝

"You?" He said like a question.

"Me?" I said also having the same tone.

"Him?!" Marcus said realizing what he said and instantly covered his mouth with his hands.

The beast looked at him in disbelief and then at me.

"You're a man!" He said as he grab my arm squeezing it tight.

"S-stop- you're hurting me...." I said whimpering.

"ANSWER ME-"

"YES I AM!" I said shouting. "I am a man! I have to..... I have to disguise myself to be a girl just to save my brother's wife."

"LIES! YOU ONLY WANT MY TREASURE-"

"What treasure!?" He looked at me dumbfounded from my current behavior. "All I can see here is darkness and sadness... This ain't a castle but a prison!"

He looked at me dumbfounded and averted his gaze as he looked at his servants who gave him a sad look.... he suddenly strengthen his grip, showed his fangs and grab both of my arm and shouted at my face.

"Don't talk as if you know everything!" He said as he throw me to Marcus.

"Lock him up!" He said without looking back as he existed himself.

Then...

"M-Master-" Said Marcus but was then quickly interrupted with a growl form the beast.

"WHAT!"

"I-I was thinking... The prison is frozen right now because of the weather so perhaps i-it would be wise if we take him to a r-roommm he might freeze to death........" He said as he make a twisted face unsure if the beast would agree to such decree.

He looked at Marcus as if ready to claw him but then;

"Fine! Show him to his room!" Then he left as he flip some furnitures ahead.

...

"This is your room." Marcus said as he kept his head low and steady.

I was silent. Trying to process everything that had happened to me.

Last time I remember I was just reading my book that covers fairy tales, myths, and legends... How a prince would save a damsel in distress, and they would live happily ever after.... But.... Those were just stories and this was reality...........

I didn't notice that tears were already flooding my cheeks when Marcus sat beside me and wiped those tear drops off my face.

"Shhh don't cry... Everything will be alright." He said calming me, but I know fully well that that ain't true.

Marcus was preparing my bed as I sat there silently, but I decided to end this silence...

"Marcus..." I said looking at him. He didn't turn back but paused from what he was doing.

"Yes?" He simply said.

"What's gonna happen to me now?" I said as my voice started to sound like I was crying.

He sighed deeply then faced me.

"I do not know. The flower never bloomed to anyone but you."

"Then what did the prophecy says? How will I lift the curse?" I said stepping closer.

He thought really hard for a moment then said;

"You need to love a beast."

"Love? Him?" I said in disbelief.

I'm not someone who hates a person by their appearance but through how they treat others. And as far as I know he.... He acts like a beast!

Marcus only nodded... But then he continued;

"My master... He wasn't always like that." He said and I could tell that his voice was sad.

"What happened to him?" I said concerned.