Short Story

Alex Nathan was thinking about Danny Capper again. Danny was a snooty lover with charming thighs and moist abs.

Alex walked over to the window and reflected on his boring surroundings. He had always hated beautiful Dripley High with its flipping, fat fountain. It was a place that encouraged his tendency to feel happy.

Then he saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the a snooty figure of Danny Capper.

Alex gulped. He glanced at his own reflection. He was a violent, spiteful, wine drinker with wide thighs and pretty abs. His friends saw him as a proud, purring painter. Once, he had even rescued a super injured bird from a burning building.

But not even a violent person who had once rescued a super injured bird from a burning building, was prepared for what Danny had in store today.

The rain hammered like laughing foxes, making Alex ecstatic. Alex grabbed a giant map that had been strewn nearby; he massaged it with his fingers.

As Alex stepped outside and Danny came closer, he could see the spewmungous smile on his face.

Danny gazed with the affection of 8398 thoughtless hilarious horses. He said, in hushed tones, "I love you and I want a relationship."

Alex looked back, even more ecstatic and still fingering the giant map. "Danny, I love youm," he replied.

They looked at each other with sad feelings, like two poor, perfect puppies singing at a very bold dinner party, which had R & B music playing in the background and two understanding uncles thinking to the beat.

Alex studied Danny's charming thighs and moist abs. Eventually, he took a deep breath. "I'm sorry," began Alex in apologetic tones, "but I don't feel the same way, and I never will. I just don't love you Danny."

Danny looked grumpy, his emotions raw like a hot, helpful hat.

Alex could actually hear Danny's emotions shatter into 809 pieces. Then the snooty lover hurried away into the distance.

Not even a glass of wine would calm Alex's nerves tonight.