Chapter 12

Aaron's POV
I was on the top of my favorite cliff. A lot of people know about this cliff, but it's my favorite. Sarah and I used to go here all the time. When she cheated on me, I still go to this cliff. I was in the middle of thinking until someone came up to me. She sounded so familiar. I looked up and saw Nessa.

A- Nessa? What are you doing here?
N- Well, Marco showed me this place a few days ago and I loved it so I went here. What are you doing here?
A- Just thinking. I always go to this place to think.
N- Think about what?
A- Some things.
N- I heard Elijah kissed Roni and you saw.
A- Yeah, but I don't care it's not like we're official. She can kiss whoever she wants to kiss.
N- Have you been crying? Your eyes are so red and puffy.
A- No. I don't really want to talk about it.
N- Aaron be honest with me, do you like Roni?
A- Why do you care?
N- Because i'm her sister. I need to know.
A- To be honest, at this point I do but i'm just afraid to admit to her. I liked her a lot, but when I saw her and Elijah kiss, my heart broke. I couldn't even talk to Alex.
N- You know that they're not together right?
A- I don't know. I just needed time to think. I still know I do have feelings for her though. If I didn't I would be talking to her right now. I'm just scared to love again. I know Roni isn't the type of person who cheats on you, but i'm just scared. I don't want to be like how I was when Sarah cheated on me. That was not a good time.
N- What do you mean? Did you like do anything bad?
A- Very bad.
N- What did you do?
A- If I tell you, do you promise you won't tell Roni? I want to be the person to tell her. Just not yet.
N- I promise I won't.
A- After I tell you, only you, Alex, and Lauren knows. So don't tell anyone, okay?
N- I promise.
A- Okay. So when Sarah cheated on me I was devastated. I wouldn't eat, I wouldn't sleep, I was a mess. I didn't talk to anyone, I never left my room, it was just horrible. When Alex and Lauren told me to start going out, I started going to clubs more often. I got drunk and started getting into fights. There was a massive fight I got into. I nearly got beaten up to death. They punched me everywhere. I just didn't care. I tried to hide it from Alex, but he saw. After that, I would always run away. I once left home for like 3 or so weeks. I came back with more bruises and scratches. I'd always punch myself and blame myself for what happened. Alex and Lauren was there for me the whole time. They never judged me, but I judged myself all the time. They were worried about me, but me on the other hand just became more reckless. Sarah was my first love ever, that's why I was such a mess. Alex and Lauren kept trying to make me happy, and it worked. I forgot about Sarah. She tried seeing me multiple times, but I didn't want to see her so Alex and Lauren would always push her away. Then I met you and Roni. When we went to Little Tokyo, I saw Sarah again. All the memories came back to me.
N- Is that why you were so quiet?
A- Yeah.
N- I'm so sorry. I didn't know all that happened to you.
A- It's fine, it's not your fault. Do you promise me you won't tell Roni?
N- No worries, I won't tell her anything.
A- Thank you. Now if you'll excuse me, I got to go.
N- Are you going to your apartment?
A- Nah. I'm gonna stay at a hotel tonight.
N- Alex might be worried about you.
A- I'll be fine.
N- If he's still at our house do you want me to tell him you're staying a hotel?
A- Sure, but what is he doing at your house?
N- They just wanted to talk.
A- Oh okay. Now I got to go. Thanks Nessa.
N- For what?
A- Listening to my story.
N- No problem Ron. Is it okay if I call you Ron? I don't want to say Aaron.
She says laughing.
A- Of course you can call me Ron.
I said laughing.
N- Okay cool. Bye Ron.
A- Bye Nessa.

This is the first time Nessa and I had a conversation. We rarely talk to each other, but now that I've talked to her she's actually pretty cool. I head towards my car and drove to the nearest hotel I can find.

Nessa's POV
As soon as Ron left, I stayed and looked at the view. It was really nice seeing LA with a ton of lights. After a few minutes, I went to my car and drove home. I saw Alex, Lauren, and Roni all at the couch watching a movie.

N- Hey guys! I thought you left already.
AW- Roni asked us if we wanted to watch a movie, so we stayed for a while.
L- Where have you been?
N- I just went somewhere. By the way Alex, Ron said he was gonna stay at a hotel for the night.
R- Who's Ron?
N- Aaron.
R- You were with Aaron? And since when did you call him Ron?
N- I just saw him earlier. We talked for a bit and I just asked him if I can call him Ron.
R- What did you guys talk about?
N- Something. Anyways Alex, I just wanted to tell you.
AW- Okay thanks Nessa. I'll text him later.
R- Nessa, what did you guys talk about?
N- Something.
R- Why can't you tell me?
N- Because.
R- Because what?
N- I just can't tell you.
I saw Alex and Lauren exchange looks.
AW- Nessa, can I talk to you for a bit?
N- Yeah sure.

We went outside the house.

AW- Did Aaron tell you?
N- Tell me what?
AW- His story. About Sarah.
N- Yeah, he told me.
AW- Are you gonna tell Roni?
N- No, I promised Ron I won't tell her.
AW- Okay good. Thanks.

We went back inside and watched the rest of the movie. After the movie was done, Alex and Lauren left. I went straight upstairs and changed. I was scrolling through instagram when Roni came in.

R- Nessa what did you and Aaron talk about?
N- Something Roni. I can't tell you.
R- Why not?
N- I promised Ron I won't tell you. He wants to tell you personally. I don't want it to come from me.
R- Tell me what?
N- His story.
R- What story?
N- Stop asking me Roni. I'm not gonna tell you.
R- Fine don't tell me.

She walks out of my room. I feel bad for not telling her. I tell her everything, but I also promised Ron. Hopefully he'll tell her soon.

Nessa knows Aaron's story now. Do you think Roni will talk to Aaron about this? Also, do you think Aaron's gonna talk to her? I guess y'all would just have to find out next chapter. Sorry if this book keeps getting worse, I suck at writing. Anyways, thanks for reading!! 😂💜