Blue haired savior

~Rapunzel~

It had been about a month since I left my childhood home, moving into an apartment with my cousin, Elsa. Elsa was 18, like me, but had been living on her own since she was 16. She had gotten emancipated, tired of her parents keeping her from being herself. We were the same in that aspect but her parents had only been doing what they thought was best for her. My adopted mother had kept me locked up for other, selfish reasons.

Elsa's parents were high up in society, politicians to be exact. They were afraid that the upper class would not except their daughter if she had blue hair and dressed 'rebelliously'. They didn't want her to be black balled by everyone they associated with, didn't want newspapers bashing her choices. If they weren't in the public eye, Elsa could have done anything she pleased to with full support. That's why she was able to get emancipated. They had agreed to it. Sure, it took awhile to convince them to let their daughter leave them a few years before they had planned but they wanted her to be happy. She still kept in contact with them, visited them often enough. Their relationship remained okay.

And then there was my situation..

My mother was a bitch. Simply put but entirely true. Yeah, she had given me a roof over my head and enough food to keep me going. She had also been cruel to me, for as long as I could remember. I never had a father, but mother sure had plenty of men come and go. I was locked in the attic whenever company came over. No one was allowed to know I existed.

I ran away once I found out I was adopted. It wasn't like some big secret discovery, mother just dropped the information on me one day. I'll never forget her words.

"I should have known adopting you would be a mistake".

I looked into finding out who my real parents where a few weeks afterwards. I didn't want to meet them but I did want to see them, just once. They had given me up without even giving me a chance to be a good daughter, meeting them would be stupid. So, I left. Hitchhiked across state with only minor problems, but the man who tried to feel me up was easily distracted when my boot collided with his nether regions.

This was how I met Elsa. After traveling all the way to my birth parents neighborhood, I couldn't get in. It was a gated community, and my 'delinquent attire', as the guards so politely called it, was clearly not something worsen by anyone who lived there. Luckily, a girl drove up when I was arguing with the guy. The blue haired stranger took pity on me, and helped me get in.

"Oh! Hey, I've been looking for you everywhere!", a voice called from behind where I argued with this high class prick.

Looking back, I realized she had been talking to me. I shifted uncomfortable, could I trick her into getting me in before she recognize that I was not who she had mistaken me for? Probably not.

"Miss Elsa, is this a friend of yours?", the guards eyes skimmed over me again. He seemed to reevaluate my appearance, deciding that I could very well known the girl in the car.

The girl smiled and pushed her sunglasses up onto her head, "yeah, sorry I forgot to warn you guys. Come on, Lynn. We're late!".

She had a mischievous look in her eyes, and I could see the smirk threatening to take hold of her lips. She was helping me.

I quickly skipped over to the car, getting in the passenger seat, and deciding to trust the strange girl.

"So, who are you breaking in to see? I'm Elsa, by the way", she spoke when we were inside and away from the gate, driving passed houses that looked like castles.

I was nervous, should I tell her what I was up to? She did help me, she could turn me in if she felt like it..

"I'm Rapunzel... I, uh, wanted to see my parents..."

She looked me over, "I've never seen you before".

I bit my lip, deciding to just tell her, "no, I've never met them before..."

"Oh, who are they?"

I sighed, here we go.. "The Corona's", I peeked over at her.

Her mouth fell up in shock. She pulled the car over, parking it badly along the curb. Elsa looked at me, differently than before. Her eyes held an emotion that I couldn't recognize. One hand reached out towards my face, it seemed to move without her command.

I flinched back, wrinkling my nose at her, "what are you doing?"

She pulled her hand back, "I-I'm sorry, it's just.. I'm Elsa Arendelle. The Corona's are my aunt and uncle."

I blinked. Her aunt and uncle? S-she's family? Real, same blood line family. I seemed to take her all in them. Her eyes were a beautiful, pure blue. Her face was almost the same shape as mine, only her cheek bones were slightly more defined. She was a lot paler than me, the complexion suiting her perfectly.

I felt my eyes getting watery. Actual family. I launched across the seat before I could really think about it, pulling the girl into a hug.

"I can't believe this", my mind couldn't stop spinning. I never planned on meeting anyone I was related to but now? I was beyond thrilled. My heart felt like it was swelling inside my chest.

That day was, and has remained, the best day of my life. Elsa ended up making up an excuse why she couldn't visit our family for long, letting me see them from my spot hiding in her car. She took me in without any questions. I haven't looked back since.

Elsa was the first person to ever treat me like a human being, for that I felt like I would always be in debt to her.

---------

---------

Short beginning but hopefully you guys like this one.(:

It might be a bit til the Jackunzel starts and maybe 3 chapters before we meet Jack?

But it will come, I promise!

Xoxo,

Serena.(: