4

a week has already passed. it was time for grayson to leave. we spent every day for the past 7 days together.

at the mall, at the grove, skating, bowling, swimming, whatever. we had fun. and tried to ignore the fact that he was leaving. but now... there was no ignoring it.

all of his stuff was packed in his parents' car. his parents personally told me goodbye. me, paige, nate, and cameron were all gathered at his place. everyone except me had said their good byes.

grayson took off his hat and placed it on my head and threw his hoodie at me. "now you have something of mine."

i smiled and threw him my hoodie. "you too."

tears starting forming in both of our eyes. he pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head. "i love you." he murmured. "we'll figure out something. i promise."

i looked up at him. "i love you too."

"grayson!" lisa shouted.

(lisa is his mom and sean is his dad. those DT obsessed ppl that didn't know, you dum!)

i looked at lisa and sean and gave her a weak smile.

"i'll see you as soon as possible. Jersey will forever be two things to me. my worst nightmare. because of what happened to my best friend..." his voice turned to a whisper and i knew he was talking about ethan. "and my safe place...because i met you."

he placed a passionate kiss to my lips. he grabbed both my hands. "i love you," he murmured one more time before disappearing into his car.

i cried as his car drove away.

i thought nothing could make me smile again.

until his text came through my phone.

i smiled as i looked down at it and read his text.
it read: "i'm grateful."

SHORT BOOK BUT I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE SEQUEL!