Chapter Twenty Seven

Fireworks! In Jimin's head there were fireworks, and rainbows. Emeralds, sapphires and diamonds. There were stars and fields of wildflowers. It seemed like every colour in the world was exploding behind his eyes. He had no idea what was happening, he didn't know why Tae was kissing him, or what that meant for them, but for that moment he didn't care.

For the first time in years, his mind was filled with light and colour and that felt good.

And Holy Shit, Tae's lips felt good. Oh god, Jimin was melting, heat like liquid fire ran through his veins from where their lips met directly to his groin and it felt amazing. He wanted more.

He flicked his tongue out and licked Tae's bottom lip. Tae moaned, which sent another sharp bolt of heat down Jimin's body, and opened his mouth to meet Jimin's tongue with his own. Tae's hand moved from his face to the back of his head, tangling in Jimin's dark hair and tugging slightly to tilt Jimin's head back allowing him to delve deeper into his mouth.

Jimin ran his hand down the front of Tae's shirt coming to a rest on his hip. He didn't want this to stop, he wanted to get closer he started to lift the hem of Tae's shirt, so he could feel the warmth of his skin.

It wasn't until he was creeping his hand under the shirt that he suddenly realised where he was. This was a PUBLIC carpark, in the middle of the day and anyone could see them.

And this is Tae kissing him, what the fuck is up with that? Tae didn't like him... did he? Does Tae know who he's kissing? Of course he does Jimin, Don't be stupid he thought – and considering the passion in Tae's kiss maybe ... could he.... did he like Jimin? Woah – What Is Happening Here?

He's only just gotten his brain semi-sorted. The dark thoughts that had been plaguing him were muzzled by his medication, but the balance was delicate. This level of confusion and the potential for disaster was definitely not what he needed right now if he wanted to stay on track. So with deep regret, and the slightest whimper, Jimin used all of his will-power to drop his hand from Tae's hip, and end the kiss. He stepped slightly away from the younger boy, separating their bodies, but couldn't stop himself from grabbing Tae's hand, hoping that the younger boy understood what he was trying to say with the action.

Jimin looked up at Tae and caught his breathe at how gorgeous he looked - his eyes glazed, and his lips swollen from their kiss. He quickly looked away before he gave into his need to step back into Tae's arms. The urge to run his tongue just under Tae's jawline was almost painful to resist.

"Tae..." Jimin had a lot of questions but he couldn't put a single one of them into a coherent sentence. He had no idea how he was feeling right then, he was still a little breathless from the kiss, his head was spinning, and his mind couldn't wrap itself around what had just happened.

Did that actually happen? Did he dream it all? Has his mind finally broken?

He glanced back at Tae, no he was definitely there and this was definitely real.

So that meant that the man he has loved for years, the man who ignored him, mocked him and avoided him, is also the man who just kissed him till he was stupid.

"It's OK Chim" Tae said "I promise you it will all be OK" Jimin could feel Tae tuck a piece of his hair behind his ear, but he didn't look up, "Let's go home".