Chapter 3

A/N: THIS CHAPTER INCLUDES A SHOOTING. DO NOT READ IF SHOOTINGS, ESPECIALLY SCHOOL SHOOTINGS TRIGGER YOU!!

Lupe Di Maggio was walking to his locker when he was shoved against the wall. He turned around and saw Steven Kepner, his biggest bully, smirking at him.

"What the fuck Kepner?"

"You're fucking dad sent my dad to jail."

"How? My dad's dead asshole."

Kepner stepped in front of Lupe and pulled out a gun. He pressed it against Lupe's abdomen so nobody but those two knew it was there. "I know. I'm glad."

Lupe swallowed. What the fuck? Was this kid really going to shoot him at school? "I don't know what you want from me. I didn't do shit to you or your crack head dad."

Steven pressed the gun harder against Lupe's body. "What the fuck did you say?"

Lupe pushed him back, making him stumble back some. "You heard me dickhead. Your crack head dad deserved to go to jail. My dad did the city a fav-" before he could finish, a loud bang rang out. He looked down and saw blood spreading out under his uniform shirt.

Steven aimed the gun higher and shot him twice, once in the shoulder and once in the neck. "You fucking mulatto!"

Lupe cried out, falling to the ground. He'd been shot. Not once but three times. This asshole was fucking nuts.

Screams erupted from the halls and teachers ran to the scene. Mr. Lewis, a security guard ran at Steven but was shot before he was able to make contact. Steven was going mad. He pointed the gun at anyone who tried to get close to him or Lupe. He was determined to let him bleed out and die.

Another security guard, an undercover sheriff pulled out his tazer and tazed Steven. The teen fell to the ground.

All around Lupe, commotion erupted. He wanted his dad, but not like this. He reached for his phone but couldn't keep a grip on it. Someone had crawled over to him and pressed some kind of cloth to his neck. In a matter of seconds, he could bleed out and die.

More gunshots rang out and Lupe looked around to see Steven shooting other kids. Was this his fault? Was it his dad's? Or was Steven just an asshole bully who was using his dad as an excuse to shoot up the school? Either way, Lupe wanted his mom and his dad. Only one of which he would actually get.

()()()()

She screamed. The second time in a month, Peyton screamed. This time, however, nobody was dead. Well, she hoped that her son didn't die from his injuries.

Peyton turned to the principal. "Why the fuck didn't you say he was shot?"

Smith looked at her with a shocked expression. She had no answers for Peyton like she should have.

"We really need to get him to the hospital people." A paramedic said.

Peyton nodded. "Take him to Masters Memorial. I'll meet you there."

The paramedics nodded, rolling him out.

Peyton glared at the principal and the other office staff. "This isn't over." She left and went to get in her car. The ambulance was pulling off as she pulled out her phone and dialed a number.

"Hey Pey."

"Jules, I need a favor."

"Anything for my favorite girl."