three

"thank you for inviting me, grayson. i needed to get away from home." vanessa smiled as her and the boy sat down at a small table in their local cafe.

the sun shined perfectly through the window they were sitting by, lighting up vanessa's face in just the right way to make grayson swoon.

"of course." he nodded, flashing her a soft smile before placing his cup up to his lips, allowing the warm liquid to dance on his tongue.

his eyes shut for a moment before he opened them to see vanessa, his cheeks automatically warming up at the sight.

after moments of silence, and soft sounds of sipping drinks, grayson noticed a small circle of multiple shades of purple and blue on vanessa's wrist. he choked on his drink, his eyes going wide.

"what's that?" he asked, grabbing vanessa's wrist in not the most gentle way. she winced, her teeth showing toughly, "it's nothing, grayson." she hissed, ripping her arm away from his grasp.

his hazel orbs never left her bruised wrist, his mind racing with horrible thoughts, "it is something."

"i was working out and the dumbbell fell on it. i'm fine." she ushered, making her voice as believable as possible, and grayson decided to surrender to her story.

"alright." he nodded and the rest of their outing was filled with awkward conversations and lots of pastries to keep the talking to a minimum.

SHORT CHAPTER BECAUSE I AM LAZY, BUT WANTED TO UPDATE. ALSO, IM OBVIOUSLY ON WRITERS BLOCK!