The Arranged Marriage

CHAPTER 1

Normal people are surprised with things like new phones and money. People like me get surprised with a new husband.

"Beverly Hills! That's where I want to be! Livin' in Beverly Hills!" I sang, while dancing around my messy room. Chummy and Leia, my two cats, sat on my desk chair. Chummy is a grey tabby, and Leia is one of those cats from one of those Royale toilet paper commercials. They were my best pals, and we jammed together to; Weezer, Red Hot Chilly Peppers, Electric Mary, Down With Webster, and the occassional ACDC.

People think that I like to listen to these types of bands because I was either 'hard core' or 'punk rock', which I don't get. None of the bands I listen to are 'hard core', and plus I was never like the emo or scene kids. I wore my ripped sinny jeans and my band t-shirts, but that's only because I like them. I still act like a girl.

....But, I'm not saying that scene or emo girls don't act like girls....

I should just change the subject, yeah?

Before work, I always jam to my favourite music. It got me pumped for another super exciting shift at Johnny's Sports! Note the sarcasm. Someone purchasing a hockey stick is the equivalent to fighting a giant cyclopes.

I threw on some skinny jeans, shoved on my work shirt and then grabbed my phone and wallet.

"Mom, I'm leaving!" I shouted, running down the stairs.

"Okay sweetie, have a good shift." She replied.

"I don't get it. If it's two hour shift, why don't they get someone else to do it? Like someone who already there?" I grumbled.

"It's money, Yuna." Mom called back. I made a face and walked out to my two thousand two door Honda Civic. It's all we could afford at the moment. It's actually not just mine, because my mom and I share it. I still like to say it's mine, though.

*I'M AT WORK*

*HOME*

I yawned as I pulled into my driveway and got out of the car. When I got to work, they told me someone got sick and went home. I covered their late shift, and ended up getting home around 12. I slowly walked up to the front door and unlocked it. I stepped inside and noticed that the lights were on. Chummy and Leia sat by the front door, and meowed at me as I walked passed them.

"What's wrong my babies?" I asked, setting the keys on the table. I slid off my shoes off and tip-toed to the kitchen. I heard some unfamiliar voices, along with my mother's.

"Mom?" I called out.

"In here, sweetie." Her voice was strained, and weaved with trouble. I found that highly unusual, since her voice was normally so preppy.

As I walked into the living room, I saw two strangers standing beside my mom. One was a man, and the other a woman. The man had black hair that was beginning to turn grey at the sides. He wore an expensive looking black suit,and dark dress shoes to match. The woman, who I assumed was his wife, had a petite looking model figure, she wore a black pencil skirt, white pumps and blouse along with a black blazer.

"Ma, these friends of yours?" I inquired, while grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Yuna," She began nervously, "These people are; Mr and Mrs. Jeon," She said, confirming my guess. She continued, "Erm, we have something important to tell you."