Chapter One

Bang! Crack! Boom! Clash!

"Oh shit! Prestin what did you do!"

"I did nothing!"

"You table-flipping-mother-fucking shattered it!"

Prestin looked at the shattered antique in front of him and picked up the basketball that had caused the scene.

"I told you heads up-" he tried to explain before there were light thumps on the stairs coming down on the staircase.

"So yeah Jessica, those shoes looked so adorab-" our little sister Mindy said, until she dropped her phone.

Prestin and I prepared ourselves for impact.

"MOM!!!! PRESTIN AND ZACH SHATTERED- MMMMPH!!!" was all she was able to squeeze out before we tackled her into the living room.

Mindy grunted, pushed us off and rubbed her head.

"Well thanks for the migraine you guys.."

"You're welcome," Prestin said happily, brushing off his shirt as he got up and offered me a hand to get off the wood floor.
"We didn't want you to say anything Min.. Mom will literally cut off our asses and hang them above the fireplace like that Spongebob episode." I said and allowed Prestin to help me up.

"You know Zach, I'm 13 years old. You don't have to make Spongebob references like I am 9 again." Mindy said and swayed her hips as she walked back upstairs, ignoring the whole situation.

"Well then.." Zach said and returned his gaze to the shattered antique.

"We better clean that up."

•~ •~ •~ •~

After what seemed like forever, the house was spotless and the antique was replaced with dad's old basketball trophy.

Mom wouldn't notice right?

I opened the door to my room and collapsed on top of my black canopy bed. I adjusted the pillows and reached for my phone on my wooden nightstand.
Before I could even put in my passcode, Prestin jumps on top of my bed, shaking me as if he was trying to make a mini earthquake.

"Zachhhhhhh." He said, lying on top of my back now, squishing me between the sheets.

"Whaaaaaat." I muffled into my pillows.

"I'm hungry."

"Good for you."

"Make me food."

"Do I look like a personal chef to you?"

"Maybeeee."

"Prestin."

"Yea?"

"Go make yourself a fricken sandwich, I gotta call Allison."

"B-but, I'M more importaaaant."

"Go."

"B-But!"

"Now."

"But."

"Prestin. Stahp."

"Why is she more important than mehh?"

"Cause she's meh girlfriend."

"She can wait."

"No she can't."

"The kitchen is calling your name Zachary.."

"No it's not."

The the door's lock had moved and mom opened up the front door, a sudden drop sound of moms purse and all I heard was, "Prestin Louis Embers and Zachary Lee Embers, get your asses down stairs immediately!!!"

"Time for our asses to be cut off and hung over the fire place. Thanks for the sandwich by the way." Prestin said sarcastically and got off my bed, hurrying to our stressed out mother downstairs.

~*~

"Explain this." Mom said pointing at the picture frame that was only like 2 centimeters crooked.

Prestin gaped at her with his mouth wide open, a fly buzzed by but didn't choke him this time.

"That's all you're mad about?" I asked my mom, completely relieved she hasn't noticed that her vase is missing.

Mom tapped her foot impatiently on the wooden floor and crossed her arms.

"Okay, okay. I got it," Prestin said and pulled it back into its correct alignment.

The nail holding the frame made a creak sound and next thing you know the picture fell to the floor.

The nail bringing chips of wallpaper down with it. Which of course, to brace ourselves, Prestin and I covered our ears.

"AHHHHHH! LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!" Mom screamed, her hands flailing up with exaggeration.

"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HAVE MY BOSS COME OVER FOR DINNER TOMORROW WHEN THERE IS A GAPING HOLE IN MY WALL!"

The annoying fly decided to zoom in the hole.

Prestin and I groaned in unison.

"You guys know how important this is to Mommy.." She began to cry.

If only Mom was in the acting profession instead of being a bank accountant, she would've won more Oscars than Leonardo DiCaprio.

"Sorry mom, we- er... I mean, Zachary will fix it for you." Prestin said, slowly sliding out of the living room.

"Ah, ah, ah," Mom glared at him and pointed to the frame. "Both of you will spend the rest of the day fixing this for me."

I scoffed and pushed my brother playfully, "Nice job genius."