Invitation

This is literally about to happen.

I'm about to board a plane... to Japan.

A place I've been wanting to visit for years. I can finally cross it off my bucket list! How lucky can a girl get?

How did this happen, you ask?

Well, it was at a well-known convention in Los Angeles called Anime Expo.

A good friend of mine had gotten us tickets to see Aqours, from "Love Live Sunshine!" for the Anisong World Matsuri - Japan Kawaii Live. But, that wasn't all.

That friend, he had somehow managed to snag backstage passes as well.

The show had ended, and it was pretty late at night. But, I was not about to miss my chance to see my idols in the flesh, up close! But, boy, was I nervous. My stomach was in knots, my stomach was doing somersaults, for crying out loud!

But, I promised myself that I would make the most out of this night. Be present, and just enjoy it.

Oh, and the friend that I mentioned? His name is Leo. He and I have been friends for as long as we could remember. One major thing that we have in common... we love Love Live, and Aqours! So, it was only fitting that us super-fans get this chance to go backstage.

"Ahh, dude, my hands are sweating!" I squealed to Leo.

"Yeah, mine, too," he breathed.

"There's gonna be a translator, right?"

"Of course!"

"Okay, good," I said, heaving a sigh. Leo chuckled at me as I pouted. "Hey, I can't help it if I'm nervous, alright? So, just—"

"We're here." I looked at the sign on the wall that read...

ANISONG WORLD MATSURI - JAPAN KAWAII LIVE

AQOURS

I pursed my lips, took a deep breath, and let it pass through my lips.

"Okay, I... I'm ready."

"It's now or never, Chris."

A lot of my friends call me Krys. But, my actual name is Krystal. And, I'm just one of the many fans that Aqours has, along with Leo.

"Here goes everything," I sighed, as I turned the handle on the door. I opened the door and quietly said, "Excuse me," in my best Japanese accent possible.

"Ah! Girls! Our guests have arrived!" I saw Inami Anju stand up from the couch in the dressing room. The next thing I knew, she quickly paced over to me and bowed. "It's nice to finally meet you, Kurisu-chan!" She gave me her brightest smile. I grinned and bowed.

"It's nice to finally meet all of you, Aqours!" The nine members all had impressed expressions on their faces from my Japanese. But, my nerves got to me and I immediately reverted back to English. "This is my friend, Leo. He got us tickets to your show tonight, as well as the backstage passes." The translator, Rachel, rendered my words to Japanese and the girls all gave their warmest smiles.

Inami Anju. Aida Rikako. Saito Shuka. Suwa Nanaka. Komiya Arisa. Suzuki Aina. Kobayashi Aika. Takatsuki Kanako. Furihata Ai.

These nine members of Aqours all have such amazing personalities, and that's one of the many reasons why they're loved by so many people.

"Are you sure he isn't your boyfriend, Kurisu-chan?" Ai-san teased. "The tickets for tonight must have been especially expensive, right? He must be really nice to get tickets just for the two of you!" All the girls let out a collective squeal, and I blushed like mad, as Leo looked away from me. I waved my hand dismissively.