I Didn't Want This

In the dance studio, I sat against the mirrors, bringing my knees to my chest, my head down. No matter what I did, I couldn't bring my eyes up towards the girls practicing. All because I didn't want to meet a certain member's eyes.

Unless no one finds out...

Those words still rung in my ears. I brought my hands to my head, desperately trying to snap myself out of these thoughts.

"Kurisu-chan?"

I flinched, and finally lifted my gaze. Rikyako stared back at me, a concerned expression plastered on her face.

"Rikyako..."

"Are you alright? Are you not feeling well?"

"N-No, nothing like that, I'm... I'm fine."

"Sure doesn't seem that way," Anchan doubted, crouching down to my level, beside Rikyako.

"I'm just... tired, that's all."

"Ah!" Anchan exclaimed. "Something happened with Leo-kun, am I right?" I grunted, not wanting to hear his name at the moment. I stood up, not meeting Anchan's or Rikyako's eyes. "Ah, Kurisu-chan."

"Sorry, I need some air," I said quickly, pacing out to the door. I closed the door behind me, but I could still hear everyone's voices.

"Arisa-chan, you've been with Kurisu-chan a lot," Anchan mentioned. I cringe. "Did something happen?" A second later, and I heard Arisa-san's voice.

"Nope."

"Tsk." I clicked my tongue and walked down the hall, keeping my gaze down.

"Krystal, why aren't you in the studio with the girls?" I peer my eyes upward, to see Rachel, refreshments in her hand. I ran a hand through my hair.

"Just needed some air," I sighed. Rachel raised her eyebrows. She nodded over to the bench in the hallway, and I sat beside her.

"Something on your mind?" I pursed my lip.

"If I said that this was something that I couldn't tell the members of Aqours... would you?" Rachel furrowed her brow.

"That depends what it is, sweetheart."

"It's something that could cost one of them her career." Rachel's eyes widened.

"What did you get yourself into?" I buried my head in my hands, groaning.

"I-I don't even know, Rachel... Agh! This is so messed up..."

I mustered up as much courage as possible, and told Rachel everything. How Arisa was basically jealous of Leo and I, and how she's pretty much trying to get together with me.

"I see what you mean when you say this could could cost her, her career..." Rachel sighed, rubbing her temple.

"Uggh, I don't know what to do, Rachel..."

"Has... Arisa made any advances toward you since then?" I wrung my hands together.

"Well, no, but she just outright lied to the others, saying she didn't know anything!" Rachel blew a breath.

"Alright, for now, I think it's best that you avoid Arisa. I'll cover for you, say that you've just been tired lately." I nodded.

"Will she believe it...?"

"Who knows..." Rachel ran a hand through her hair. "But, at any rate, you don't want this getting out, right?"

"No."

"The tighter we keep this in, the less chances of it getting out to the public."

"Right..." I heaved a sigh. "All this time, being her fan, and I hadn't the slightest clue that she... liked girls."

"Maybe it's not girls in general, maybe it's just you, Krystal." I pursed my lips together before moistening them.

"So, I should just... stay away from her, then?" Rachel gave a nod.

"Exactly."

Leo and I were in the standing seats of the venue.

I didn't know where to keep my focus. On the girls, or my boyfriend beside me. I glanced to Leo.

How is he enjoying himself when he's the cause of me being... well, like this?!

I growled to myself, before nudging Leo. He leaned in close to me.

"I'll be right back," I yelled. He gave a nod. I took this chance to find the nearest restroom. I reached the front entrance of the venue, before making my way to the restroom. I opened the door, and ran a hand through my hair. Sighing, I went over to the sink, and rested my palms on it. I stared into the mirror, thinking back on Arisa-san's words at that café.

"W-What are you—?"

"You've caught my interest, Kurisu." she smirked, dropping the "-chan" suffix. "I've had my share of dedicated fans, but you... you're indescribable." I furrow my brow at her statement. "You're not like the others. There's just this something about you that I like."

"Can you explain what that 'something' is?"

"Come to my photoshoot, and I'll explain," she replied, standing up from her seat. "I'm sure my photographer, Kumagai-san, would love to meet you. Maybe I could ask him to get a few shots of us, together."

"After all that effort to keep my identity hidden, here?"

"Pfft, of course, those photos won't go public. They'll just be our special... Mm, memorabilia, I suppose."

"Don't expect to see me at your photoshoot, Arisa," I hissed. She breathed sharply. "I told you, I'm not going."

"Your boyfriend can't keep you tied down forever." She gave a little wave. "See you backstage at the show."

I shook my head, unsuccessfully ridding myself of the thought of her. I put my hands under the running faucet before splashing some water on my face.

Snap out of it, Krystal... You can't let her little... game get to you! Just do as Rachel told you. Keep your distance. That's all it should take... right?

"Everyone, we'll see you all tomorrow, and once again...!"

"Thank you very much!"

I followed the audience, applauding the girls. They walked offstage, and I quickly made my way backstage, without waiting for Leo to follow me. I swooped past the girls as they were chatting away, and gave a quick glance to Rikako, who met her eyes with mine. Quickening my pace, I hear footsteps behind me, but they're small. I go into the conference room, and shut the door behind me. Seconds later, I hear a knock.

"Yes?"

The door opens to reveal...

Arisa.