prompt 1.

Prompt one— You and your soulmate have been dancing around your feelings for too long so the universe, tired of your shit, decides to freeze time for everyone except you two.

Thursday, May 10, 2018. 3:57 pm.

New York City is constantly moving, honking, and yelling as literally everyone knows. It's early afternoon, so of course there should be noise everywhere, it never stops. There's neighborhood children behind the apartment complex, and they're playing basketball. It's after school and it's nice out, so I don't blame them. I can hear the constant roar of nearby cars from my bedroom in which I'm currently residing, as always. Hustling and bustling of day to day life, the kids are getting home, parents coming home early from work to watch said kids. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Silence. No more birds chirping, the constant this of the basketball hitting the ground gone, no more kids screeching and laughing. Just. Silence. I could've sworn the train was going by, why can't I hear it? Something is up, I just know it.

I hop out of bed as fast as I can and look out the window that oversees the courtyard and playground and the basketball courts. Everything is frozen? My heart is pounding and  I'm already feeling the rising of an oncoming panic attack. What the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck. My shoes are on, I'm out.

Jaime is my next concern. I know she's working and probably avoiding me. We're not in the best situation. She's leaving for work earlier and earlier, and staying out later almost every night after work. We can't seem to agree on everything and being near her is always left in disappointment or anger or sadness. Ding! My phone!

jaime💓
what the fuck is goin on dude
me
i don't know is everything around you frozen this is so scary i'm coming to get you
jaime💓
don't be stupid i'm already on my way home

We meet up about halfway between work and home, and the look on Jaime's soft face is that of what I fear ever happening. She's been crying and is all kinds of shaken up. We grab each other desperately; it's been a while since we touched. Next comes all the "are you okay"'s and the "god what is happening?"'s and we look around.

Movement. Movement! In the pet store to our left! I walk over to the window where the cutest lil thing I've ever seen is pawing at, wagging that cute little puppy tail. We cautiously walk inside and Jaime picks up the pup. We both sit on the floor and immediately get flooded with kisses and all kinds of puppy love from this innocent angel. Upon that first puppy kiss, everything returns to normal.