Injuries

I fell from my perch in the tree, and very ungracefully attacked the ground with the back of my neck.

I didn't fall because he hit me again or anything. This time the only thing he was guilty of  was scaring me.

"That was a good attack," I said while getting up. "But it won't work on me again." He didn't seem to understand what I had meant. "Your confused face is cute too." I dawdled in an almost mocking way. Not that I was lying.

He decided to ignore what I had said and jumped down in front of me, landing in a crouch, ready to strike. "I am Rock Lee, and if you insist of fighting, then a fight you will get." He charged at me with an axe kick. I threw my arms over my face like and idiot, instead of getting out of the way. I felt some kind of heavy metal dent into his ankle. A massive pain shot through my arms.

If I hadn't hardened the blood in my arms, they would both probably be shattered right now.

Lee leaped away. He leaned against a tree and leaned over and tore the offending metal away from his leg. The metal had dented in his ankle.

"How are you not screaming right now?" I questioned. I feel like I'm doing pretty well so far, though, if he can just walk off his ankle being ripped open, I might be in a pretty bad situation.

I took this time to get off the ground. I looked at my arms where he had hit and there was a large purple bruise quickly forming on each arm. It was almost pretty.

"I have gone through worse." Lee responded. He dropped his ankle weight and it sunk into the ground as if the earth were play-dough.

What.

Lee sat down against the tree, then took the second, unharmed weight off.  He looked at me curiously "Wow! What arm exercises do you do?" He marveled at me.

Unbeknownst to to this little spring  sapling, I have a Kekkei genkai. The ability to control my blood, whether that means making it a weapon, or hardening it, like I had done in my arms to protect myself from Lee's kick. "Oh I just make sure to do ten thousand pushups every morning." I couldn't help the sarcastic words from coming out of my mouth. "I also like to run till I collapse."

"Very impressive!" He looked at me as if he actually believed me. "It should a challenge fighting an opponent who has similar training routines as I!" Lee exclaimed.

"You're joking right." I said, more than asked.

Lee stood up. "Of course not.... Are you?" He didn't even seem to feel any pain in his leg.

"No..."

Yes.

An awkward silence.

"Well I have to get going! It was nice meeting you!" I said as casually as I could, then stared to walk the other way.

"Oh... Okay. Bye!" He started to turn the other way. "I hope we get a chance to fight someday!" He took a few steps when he stopped. "Wait...Wait a second! Hey!"

Dangit.

I was already running, but like before, he was still faster than me, despite his leg. "Sorry! Can't talk! I left the oven on!" I exclaimed as I turned around and threw some kunai at him. He slid under them and went to kick my legs from under me. I avoided his kick, then moved to axe kick him in the face. He cought it, grabbed my ankle and threw me behind him into a tree.