Cheater, Cheater

Hey guys! Can you believe this? The Kissing Booth and Netflix have selected me to write this entry for the #TKBMovieContest! I'm so honored to do this and hyped about the movie! I read The Kissing Booth on Wattpad as it was being updated way back in 2011 and I can't believe how far the book has come. Help support our Wattpad family member by entering the contest! I want to hear about your high school romance!

( ˘ ³˘)♥ ( ˘ ³˘)♥( ˘ ³˘)♥ ( ˘ ³˘)♥( ˘ ³˘)♥ ( ˘ ³˘)♥

__________________________________

"I think Emmett is cheating off you."

"Huh?" So, this is why she'd asked me to stay after class?

Her lips were pursed and her arms were crossed as she leaned against her desk— basically personifying the description of disapproval. "I saw him glancing at you during the quiz. I think he was trying to look at your test."

He was looking at me? Oh my god, why didn't I straighten my hair today? I looked like a lion in the middle of a humid summer day. No, he was just trying to look at my test. Still, I subtly tried to smooth down my hair as my teacher kept talking.

"Anyway, just try to be more careful. You can go now."

"Oh, sure, thanks," I mumbled, quickly exiting the classroom.

My cheeks felt hot. Emmett wasn't looking at me, he was cheating off me. It was stupid to feel excited. And yet I still did. Everyone in our entire grade had a crush on the guy. He was tall, broad-shouldered, and had a heart-breaking grin. He was basically a main character in a book.

"I'm pathetic," I muttered, entering the library for study hall.

I headed to the back where only the upperclassman were allowed and was surprised to see a certain curly haired guy sitting at my usual table. My heart stuttered in my chest. Why was Emmett here? Why was he sitting alone?

Swallowing hard I walked to my table and cleared my throat. "Do you mind if I sit here?"

Emmett jumped and looked at me. "Oh, Ellie. Yeah, sure."

He knew my name? And was it me, or did his cheeks look a little red? Maybe he really did cheat off me. Still, I had to act cool. This was my chance to actually talk to him.

"Mrs. Parker thinks you're cheating off my tests so be careful," I blurted out.

"What? Why?"

"She said she caught you, uh, looking at me," I said, mentally cringing. Great topic choice, Ellie.

Now his face definitely turned red. "Oh."

"Just be careful from now on."

"I wasn't cheating," he said, shaking his head. "I know I'm not good at Spanish, but I really wasn't."

"Oh. Okay." My conversation skills were impeccable.

"I just thought you looked pretty today."

My eyes snapped to his face. He grinned shyly at me. "Me?"

"Yeah. You look like a cute lion. I kept getting distracted. Sorry."

Heat spread across my cheeks. Was this real life? Was I dreaming right now? Emmett thought I was pretty?

"I've been wanting to talk to you for like half a year now, but I felt shy. I can't believe I was caught staring at you," he groaned.

"You can talk to me anytime." Wait. Was I flirting?

A smirk crossed his face. "Oh yeah? How about Saturday night?"

"Sounds good to me."

"I might have to thank Mrs. Parker for this."

Me too, I silently agreed.