12

"the greatest part of a road trip isn't reaching your destination. it's all the wild stuff that happens along the way."

~

the group threw their bags into the back of the van and hopped in. caleb grabbed the keys out of sadie's hands, "i'll drive red." he insisted. she smiled, and walked to the other side of the car and sat in the passenger seat.

the others hauled into the back of the van, putting down all of their pillows and blankets. after all, there weren't any seats back there. just empty space. perfrect. finn thought, setting his pillow down next to millies.

millie was on snapchat, texting with her friend lilia. "finnie, love, come here. i want to show your beauty off." millie said to the boy as she put the hear filter on. "smile baby." finn said. his face turned as red as a tomato after he realized what he had said to the girl. millie just smiled.

millie's caption read, "with my love." she hoped finn didn't see that, but he did. millie put her head on her pillow, and kept texting lilia. finn just started in awe. how can one be so... so... he couldn't quite think of a word for the girl. "breathtaking." he mumbled. "hm?" millie said, looking up from her phone. "what? nothing." finn said, his face turning red. millie smiled. "alright, silly." she said, engaging in her conversation again.

if finn thought millie was already driving him crazy, he had no idea what he had just signed up for.

~

it was hot and sticky. the teens were all miserable, "it's hot as shit caleb." gaten whined. the dark skinned boy just rolled his eyes and continued driving down the long, windy road.

millie and finn were asleep, trying not to feel the heat. sadie put her face up to the air conditioning, noah was putting his face in a pillow, and gaten was counting his hair. they were all bored out of their minds.

"caleb! can we make a stop please!! i need to eat." gaten complained. "yeah, please!" sadie begged. caleb let out a sigh, and made a turn to the closest walmart. "everyone out!" he yelled, startling millie and finn awake.

"caleb what the hell man!" finn yelled at the boy. millie just rolled her eyes playfully, rubbing her eyes and getting up and hopping out of the van.

"cmon, finn. we're gonna get some food and get out of this hot van." millie said as she put her short hair up into a ponytail. "ok. but i'm paying for you." finn kindly offered. "you don't have to." millie said walking in front of the boy. "but i want to."

"ok." millie said as she walked up to noah. noah looked to his side, where the pretty girl was. "hey, mills." he said smiling. "hi sunshine." she said back.

millie and noah has been friends for years. they grew apart in the sixth grade, and now they were starting to get closer and millie couldn't be happier.

everyone heard a loud screech come from sadie and caleb's direction. "what in the world." finn said as he walked up to the young lovers. they were on the parking lot floor, having a fist fight. a playful one, obviously. sadie had the biggest grin plastered on her face as she held caleb down.

"cmon you two, get off of the ground." gaten said pulling sadie off of caleb. noah went over to help caleb up. there weren't many people there, so none of them were embarrassed. "let's just go get our food, my lord!" millie said, walking into walmart.