chapter 1

"I feel like I overdosed on ramen and now I'm flying through space." Qrow complained as he held his head. His hands and ankles were tied up with chains. The chains were bound to the cage. He was laying on his back, staring up at the ceiling of the dusty metal cage he was in.

"Sab! The guy's awake." A red-haired male broadcasted.

He had a hard time concentrating on what he was supposed to do as a side of effect of the tranquilizer. "God, I feel even less sober than usual."

"Morning Snow White. Glad I didn't need to kiss you to wake up." The voice was familiar but he couldn't recognize it yet.

Qrow turned to the sound of the voice, seeing the last face he saw before he went unconscious.

He was about to object the nickname when he realized he went unconscious.Qrow looked around searching for the flask with suppressed panic undergoing in him.

'That was a rare top-shelf! That I had paid for!' He searched for it all over his pockets but it wasn't there.

"Looking for your weapon?" Sabrina said in a rhetorical manner. "Typical."

"I was actually looking for my flask but that works." He muttered so that the other wouldn't hear.

Sabrina walked behind to a nearby crate conversing with someone Qrow couldn't quite see. She grabbed the ear of that someone and they dropped something. Sabrina picked it up and walked back to him. "You got an interesting weapon."

"And an interesting quest." Qrow looked at her and maintained eye contact. "How about busting me out of here so I can go back to kicking ass?"

Sabrina crouched down. "Tell me more about that black-haired vixen first."

His eyebrows furrowed. "Who?"

Sabrina groaned, "Cinder. That domineering vermin?"

"Oh, her. I would, but only if you let me out." Qrow finally sat upright, his clothes covered with a light blanket of dust.

"Where's the guarantee that you'll actually do as you say?"

"Listen, blondie—"

"Sabrina."

"Yeah, yeah. Sabbath. It looks like we're on the same side here. You don't like Cinder, I don't like Cinder, we can work this out can't we?"

Sabrina looked up in the sky, considering the situation. Usually, she wouldn't agree to these types of conditions but her whole tribe was at stake here. Desperate times called for desperate measures.

"You have one night before they come back and you better be honest. I'll grab the keys." But despite the situation, that didn't mean she wasn't going to be careful about it either.

In truth, the keys had already been in Sabrina's pocket. What she was really grabbing was another tranquilizer. Afterward, she was going to inform one of her dearest friends. She went inside the tent. Shortly after, the flaps of the tent pulled back behind her.

"Hey," The voice clearly belonged to a guy.

Sabrina turned around to spot red-haired male. "Hey Jovan, you're just on cue."