The arrival of the princes

---Heoland---

It was the day that all of the princes would meet after over 15 years, and Hoseok was terrified. As crown Prince and old friend, he had been tasked with the hosting while his parents worked with the governments. They would all be arriving at different times, so he had decided he would welcome them, show them their rooms and have dinner when all were present, and then proceed to tours of the castle and socializing.

It was already a warm mid-morning, and not one Prince had arrived. He sighed, and flopped onto a nearby sofa in the lobby - he wasn't going to stand outside all day long.

As luck would have it, the moment he shut his eyes he heard a knight shout "ho!" , and he had to fix his clothes while he rushed to stand presentable outside. 'Teaches you for thinking you got a break' he thought to himself.

As he looked, he saw knights in dark armour holding crimson banners to indicate the kingdom of Unklistan. Amidst the knights there was a carriage, with the curtains drawn. When the party finally reached the castle, the door was opened with a fanfare and a cry of

"Prince Jungkook of Unklistan"

A young and handsome boy stepped out in a luxurious black and red pinstripe suit, with what looked like a silk crimson shirt . His fingers were adorned with bands of rubies encased in gold, and in his ear was a glittering stud. His hair was a coppery-brown, his skin golden.

It suddenly made Hoseok feel very self conscious, not realising the younger was having the exact same thoughts about him. 'Holy mother of God' they both thought ' he looks so regal and composed. I look rushed and infantile...will the rest of the princes look like this? I can't even remember what they looked like as children...'

However, some memories returned when Hoseok adopted his customary heart smile, and the younger shyly showed his bunny teeth. For someone so mature and confident in appearance, it was oddly fitting that his personality totally juxtaposed it.

Hoseok inclined his head and shook hands with the Prince

"ah, Prince Jungkook. I hope you enjoy your stay in the land of my people, I can show you to your room where you can relax while we wait for the other princes to arrive?"

All of which was said rather rushed, so Jungkook just said a quiet "Yes, thank you" and let himself be led to his suite by a slightly hyperactive host.

Hoseok sighed in relief when he escaped back to the door. The boy's smile had awoken some memories, some long forgotten affection - it was like a blurred picture, he could understand the idea but couldn't grasp the details. When he finally made it back to the entrance of the grounds he saw another party near to the manor, and psyched himself up for another encounter. 'Hopefully the next one won't be so regal ' he silently prayed. They weren't answered.

Richly embroidered silver banners marked the arrival of the Prince of Ilsos. Hoseok could spot soft grey hair and a high necked shirt from the undrawn curtains of the carriage, which didn't seem to have much in the way of lighting.

Another fanfare sounded.

Another voice announced "Prince Jimin of Ilsos".

This boy was just as regal as Jungkook, but much appeared much more fragile. He was shorter, but still looked lean and lithe, and had sweet, round cheeks that gave him an extremely youthful air. His hair was a soft grey sweeped to the side, and he had an intricate silver jacket that was cut shorter, showing off his slim figure. He too was dripping in jewellery, and had an androgynous air to him.

'Well now I look like an utter potato' Hoseok sulked.

"Welcome Jimin! I trust your journey was pleasant?"