Saturday at 8 (AU)

It's been a long time since Keith had attended the Garrison and he had a stable job as a store clerk. He thought that he would've gotten far in NASA, but, apparently, he was too difficult. So he had a job that provided just enough to pay for his rent, his food, and his drinks.

Because he goes to the bar every Saturday at 8.

He didn't know what had drawn him to it. Maybe it was the bodies dancing, or the scotch, or even the cute barista that always seemed to serve him, but he wouldn't stop going to the place. He was at The Castle more than he was at home.

There were dancers that came in on Saturdays at nine - Pidge and Hunk - and he sometimes played hearts with Matt, Lotor, and Shay. He was familiar with the owners of the bar - Allura and Coran - and he even knew Allura's boyfriend, Shiro.

But none of them interested him as much at the barista - Lance.

Lance did this cute thing where he wrote the cheesiest pick-up lines on Keith's cups, and smirked and winked everytime Keith rolled his eyes.

He walked into the bar and it was already packed; it had only just opened at seven. He went to his regular stool and immediately Lance was at his service.

"Hey Keith!" He yelled over the music. "The usual scotch?!"

"Yeah!" He said. Lance was back in a couple of minutes with his cup. He saw the pick-up line and rolled his eyes while Lance just smirked and winked.

I lost my number. Can I have yours?

Keith drank his scotch slowly as he watched Pidge and Hunk dance. A guy came up to him and asked if he wanted to, but he refused. He spotted Matt and the others and went over to them.

"Hey, Keith!" he greeted him. "Wanna play?!"

"No money on it?!" Keith asked. He had been drawn into on of these games once before. He got the Queen of Spades and ended up giving Lotor fifty dollars.

"Nope! It's a fun day today!" He answered.

They played for a while until Shay shot the moon, then Keith headed back to the bar.

"Oh great!" Lance said. "I thought you'd abandoned me!" Keith laughed.

"I wouldn't have left without saying goodbye!"

"You sure would've!" Lance countered. "I know you think my pick-up lines are annoying!" He yelled in a mock offended tone.

"Well if you had good ones that wouldn't be a problem!" Keith yelled back.

"Har-har. Anyways, a refill?!" Lance asked. Keith had forgotten all about the scotch. He had gotten caught up in talking with Lance.

"Yeah, that's fine!" He yelled to the flirty barista.

Lance returned with his drink and headed off to another customer. Keith quickly found himself bored without Lance' s company. He spotted Allura and walked over to her.

"Hey, Allura!" He yelled.

"Keith!" She yelled back. "What's up?!"

"Nothing much!" He replied and they started talking about their jobs and lives. Allura asked him if he had found anyone yet and he told her that he thinks he has.

"Well Keith, it was nice yelling with you!" She yelled sarcastically. "If there's anything you need, just call me!"

"Actually," he started. He looked at the cup in his hand. "Do you have a pen and paper?!" He asked.

"Sure!" She yelled and gave him a note pad and pen. He wrote his phone number down and ripped the page out, giving the pad and pen back to her.

"I don't know why you keep these things on you, but thanks!" He yelled.

She laughed and waved as she walked off. Keith finished off his drink and slipped the paper into the cup. He walked back to the bar and handed his cup to Lance right as he appeared. Lance took the paper out and read the number. He smiled at Keith, who smiled back, and sat the cup and paper down, leaning on the counter so that he wouldn't have to yell.

"So, when can we meet up?" He asked Keith. Keith leaned even closer and asked -

"How about Saturday at 8?"