one

<soojin POV>

annyeong! i am song soojin, seoul arts academy's top student with overflowing popularity due to my wealth and my lady-like beauty. i am most well known for being the daughter of lp company's chairwoman, park mi ri. i have almost everything anyone would ask for, except for a boyfriend and the best attitude. well you can't say that i don't have a good attitude, just that i don't have the best.

today, the first day of the new semester, the mid-year exam results are out. students flooded around the huge notice board in the hall to see if their names were on the "top 30 in cohort" list. as usual, i was the first on the list. "ah, it's soojin again. lucky her." said voices over and over again. since this happened everytime for the 2 years i've been in this school, i wasn't really surprised. However, i still scanned the list to see if my best friend, park hana was on the list. "aish, hana-ah, why aren't you in the top 10? you placed 11th this time." i sighed. i read the name of the person who placed 10th, supposedly the person who "stole" hana's place. "kim taehyung. mm, does not sound like a familiar name." hana tugged on my sleeve and we left the hall, feeling countless eyes and fingers pointing at us in awe. they sure want to have an intelligent friend like me.

in homeroom, mr kim applauded for me for my consistent results. don't you just love the feeling of getting so much attention? i get that everyday. mr kim gave out our schedules for the new semester. "soojin, what are you majoring in this year?" hana asked without lifting her eyes from the schedule. "dance," i answered, eyes also glued to the paper. hana was majoring in violin. we both sighed as we were also not having similar class schedules. "okay students, you may go to your first classes." announced mr kim in his baritone voice.

i went to the back of the lecture hall to see who takes dance with me. i slid my finger down the list, stopping at a familiar name. "kim taehyung..." i paused, slightly frowning at that the thought that he would be in the same major as me for the whole year.

-

during lunch, hana showed me the magazine her mom was starred in. "wah, hana, your mom looks really pretty in this!" i admired. suddenly, a tall guy holding his tray of food bumped into me, his coffee spilling all over my denim jacket, staining it. everything happened in a flash, with cutlery clanging on the ground and food everywhere. it was a mess. it took me awhile to realise whatever that happened. shocked that my expensive jacket was stained, i scanned the guy who bumped into me, who was trying to use tissue to dab the coffee off and apologising to me. his ash grey hair was held up by a supreme headband and he was wearing a blue jacket and a gucci tee tucked into navy blue ripped jeans. well he wasn't really as supreme as his headband. my lips curled into a frown, stepping away from him. "excuse me, who are you? please look at where you are going next time! tsk!" i hissed, taking off my jacket. he apologised, bowing at almost 90 degrees, but i brushed him off and headed to the toilet.

"aish jinjja! does he know how much this costs? it's my favourite denim jacket! pabo." i muttered under my breath. i scrubbed the jacket over and over again with soap and water, but the stain did not come off. annoyed, I decided to bring it home for my maid to wash.

later at dance, we gathered as a cohort in the huge dance studio. many people chose dance as their major. remembering that kim taehyung was also in dance, i payed attention during roll call to see how kim taehyung looked like.

"kim taehyung," said the instructor. "here." came a deep-voiced reply, somewhere from the back of the studio. i turned, looking for the raised hand. he looked familiar. so familiar. where had i seen him? instantly, a lightbulb lighted in my head. he was that guy. the guy who bumped into me during lunch. confused, i looked closer. maybe it was the trick of the light. however, it was still the same person. he was wearing the same clothes, the same hair, and the same voice. "ah, so he is kim taehyung..." i whispered to myself.

-

A/N:
annyeong! i hope you like the first chapter of my new book! i know its really bad, im trying uhu. i'll try to post new chapters regularly now, please bare with me! ❤