Chapter 4

You're on the beach, close enough to feel the spray of the crashing waves on your face. Looking around, you see that you're actually on an island. Getting up, you look around for somewhere to go, and finally see an amazing garden in front of a small cave. You start to walk up the beach, towards the cave. When you reach the garden, you notice a girl working on a plant you can't quite identify. Suddenly, she looks up at you. You can't help but notice how pretty she is. Her hair is long, straight, and golden brown, and her dark, almond-shaped eyes stand out against her pale face.

"Who are you?" she says.

"You can see me?"

"...Only a little. It's strange...but it seems like you aren't really here."

"I...I must be dreaming," you say.

"Well I'm certainly awake so...I'm unsure what is happening."

You shrug, "Demigods always have weird dreams."

The girl's face lights up. "Demigod? Do you know of Camp-Half-Blood?"

"I'm actually there right now..."

She gasps and suddenly grabs your arm, almost like she's trying to force you to stay. "Do you know Leo Valdez?!" Her eyes are wild, and you hear a strange urgency behind her question.

"Wait...are you Calypso?"

She quickly nods. "Do. You. Know. Leo. Valdez?" she repeats.

"Yeah. I was on the Argo II with him."

"Does he...does he ever speak of me?" she asks, letting go of your arm.

You nod, smiling, and put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "He's working on a way to get back here."

She squeezes her eyes shut, and a single tear slides down her cheek.

"Tell him..." she looks up and pushes your hand away, her expression suddenly serious. "Tell him that he must not come back. It's dangerous and I couldn't stand it if something-" she chokes a little, clears her throat, and continues. "If something bad were to happen to him because of...because of..." tears start sliding down her cheek, but she makes no move to stop them. "I couldn't stand if something bad were to happen to him because of me. Promise you'll tell him this."

You nod. "I promise. But I can't guarantee he'll listen."

Calypso smiles sadly. "I know." she looks at you and frowns. "You're fading..."

"Oh," you feel a slight tingling throughout your body. The island starts to blur, and the last thing you hear before waking up is Calypso's voice. "Tell him I love him."

* * *