Chapter Thirteen

Bella's P.O.V

With his hand he takes me by my chin and kisses me hungrily for the thousandth time ever since we consummated our marriage last night. It's been a night filled with passion, urgency and hunger for each other. I've never had so little sleep before and not be bothered by it. Not a single bit. I'm wrapped around our sheets and him, completely like a vein. Never had I been intimate with a man before Edward and the fact and my own innocence is what made him crave me more, according to him.

"I'm so glad you're my wife," he whispered against my lips, rubbing his nose along with mine. He pulled away, allowing some of the sunlight to break in between us. His body is half on mine, half on our bed, shielding me completely. "You're so beautiful under the light of the new morning."

I blush. "Thank you, my lord."

"Shhh." He kisses me. "None of that, love. I'm either love, Edward or husband. Nothing more."

I chuckle and pull him closer to him. I cannot believe how much he makes me want him just by the sound of his voice, skin to skin... a knock on our door interrupts our blissful morning. I groan and drop my body on the bed, bursting out of my little bubble. He sighs as well but doesn't bother to move off me when the door opens and Alice steps in shyly. Suddenly I'm very self aware I am nude under the sheets and I hide behind Edward's strong chest. He, however, seems very unbothered by it.

"I apologize for the intrusion, my lord. But your family is waiting for breakfast. I also believe Lady Cullen has requested a hearing with the queen."

Queen. She's talking about me. Oh, it's still so hard to believe.

Edward finally rolls away from me, but keeping close distance between us. "We'll be there in a minute. Summon Isabella's maidens so she can get ready for the day."

"Yes, your majesty." Alice bows and walks out of the room.

"Well, love, I believe our duties demand our attention." He leans down to kiss me on the lips. "I do expect many of these throughout the day until I can finally ravish you all night tonight."

Edward leaves for a bath while Alice comes in with my maidens. They help me bath and change into a beautiful gray dress that wraps around me just nicely, pulling my hair back and tying it with a pink ribbon. I'm taken aback when Alice steps in front of me with a golden flower tiara. Nothing too extravagant, but absolutely breathtaking.

"The King requested you are to wear this," Alice explained. "It's a family tradition that the queen shall wear this."

I won't lie and say I wasn't shocked to see my reflection. It was so much like looking at a strange woman in the mirror. A queen, nonetheless. After my maidens were dismissed, Edward reentered the room. He stopped mid-step and looked at me with a hint of proudness and aww.

"You look absolutely stunning, my love." He leaned in to kiss me. "You take my breath away."

I can't help but blush. Suddenly, an earlier thought comes back to me. I look at him and take his hand in mine, urging him closer to me.

"I must confess something."

"What is it?" He looks a bit taken aback. "What's the matter?"

I slightly shake my head. "Nothing bad, I hope. But your mother has summoned a hearing with me, I fear it might regard about yesterday's events."

"What happened yesterday?"

"She claimed she was one in charge of every decision regarding William and I told her she was released from her duties."