Softball

He can't help it. She's just so beautiful and perfect. He's sitting on the bench during their break at football and some of the football players decided to watch the softball practice. They all whisper about Madi. "She's hot" One of the guys say and "Pretty good ball player" It is making Nathan mad because all they're thinking about is getting in her pants. He just wants to get to know her because she looks extraordinary. She's the main pitch. A girl named Britney is the main catcher, Savannah Smith is at 1st base, Sydney Anderson at 2nd, Morgan Blended is at short stop, Morgan McCreash is at 3rd base, Hailey Perry is in left field, Lauren Hahn is in center, and Margarette Owens is in right field. The backup pitcher is a girl named Bethany Bridges and their backup catcher is Carly Rohan. Madilynn is warming her arm up while the others are tossing the ball back and forth to warm up their arms as well.

Coach Smith blows his whistle. "Listen, I want you all in your positions. It's Friday practice so we are playing a game. Bethany and Carly! You two will be our runners. Let's go! Madi, in the circle!" Coach Smith says. Coach Smith also coaches Madi's travel team and has been her coach since she was 6. Madi gets in the circle and rubs some dirt on her hand then gets a good grip on the ball.  Madi pitches the first ball. Perfect pitch that Carly misses. Second pitch Carly slaps the ball and Carly races to 1st. But, Madi was so quick that she chucked the ball to 1st and gets Carly out. They go on like this for awhile until Coach Smith brings out the pitching machine so the girls can hit. Madi hits like what could be 3 home runs.

Coach Drake walks over to the football players. " All right, let's go! One more lap around the track and then practice will be over. Remember we have a game against Great Bridge on Wednesday," Coach Drake says. The guy start running and some of the softball players watching The Dugout," you know Maddie, some of the boys were talking about you," Britney says. " yeah well they'd be highly disappointed when they find out I'm not going to be with someone to have sex," Madi says. They go back out and try their second positions. Madi makes her way to shortstop and they play ball for a little while longer. The girls gather around in the circle," all right. We've got a scrimmage against grass field on Monday, and Tuesday we've got practice, Wednesday is our opening game we play Grassfield our biggest rival, Thursday we have another scrimmage this time against Great Bridge and Friday is our Friday practice. Good practice today and stay hydrated throughout the weekend. Keep on exercising. " coach Smith says. They're girls put their hands on top of one another," Hawks on three!123 Hawks!" Caitlin the girls yell and raise their hands up in the air.

Madi walks out and sees Nathan standing there," oh, hey Nathan." Madi says. "Hey Madi! How was your practice?" "Good. I'm still a little rusty though. What about your's? " good. We've got some good players, they are cocky though." " most of them are. I heard some of you guys were talking about me, Madi says.  "Yeah, Not me. It was 2 other guys, Cole and Alex," Nathan says." oh yeah I've heard of them."" oh. I didn't like what they were saying about you. I mean it was nice things, but I know they were just saying it to try and get into your pants." Nathan replied. " yeah I will not doing that until I find the right guy." " have you? Found the right guy that is?" " maybe. He might think he is closer then he thinks," Madi says smiling up at Nathan. "Bye, Nathan" "Goodbye! Madilynn." He whispers her name just to see how it feels on his lips. He likes it. Kate puts her backpack and softball bag in the backseat and then gets in on the passenger side. "Who was that?" Johanna asks while pointing at Nathan. " oh that's Nathan. He's new." "Oh, how was practice?" "Same old, same old." And then they start driving home...