Chapter 2|We Are Family

5th May,2004

."Girl,I'm telling you.I'm gonna end up single 'til I rot on earth.All those men think they slick. Using me and then throwing me on the side of the curb like I'm a white woman.Nah,those niggas forgot that I was brought up Lousiana.They try and smart-mouth me,it ain't gone end well for their asses.Honey,I will slaughter those men and convert their asses into fresh meat.Next thing you know,they gone be selling them at 'Roscoes Chicken & Waffles'.They ain't gone mess with me no more,B.I'm telling you,they're go-Breia,did your black ass even listen to a damn single word I just said?"

This was my life at the moment.Listening to my bestfriend practically holler over the phone about her last breakup and incapability to find the right man.

Still hearing her screaming out,questioning if I was still paying attention to a word that just came out her mouth,I finally spoke up as the phone line was silent.

For a minute or so.

"I heard what you said,T.You was talking about how bad your taste is in men.Infact, you have been talking about that for the last 3 hours." I'd shake my head,puffing the ball in my cheeks out.

"Well,excuse me for wanting your advice on men.I just want someone who'll look after me and not use me cause they think a black woman is stupid.Lemme tell you something,like we may be considered a lot of things but we sure ain't stupid.I can't deal with the foolishness."

"Look,why don't you let me hook you up,Tierra.I know a big,strong and chocolate man that's on the market and let me tell you something.Girl,I'm sure he's limited edition."

I've always wanted Tierra and Chad to meet as I've always thought they'd get along well.It's pretty obvious what she's looking for in a man;a lifetime companion who will take care of her and I think Chad is top on that list.

"Hmm...I don't know,Breia.I need those details about this chocolate man.You know my expectations are expanding as everyday goes by,so spill it."

."Okay,his name is Chadwick Boseman.He's only two years older than you,so he's 25. Great guy,great personality and he doesn't look like the type to one nightstand someone.Oh,and did I mention his body!?Lord have mercy,cause I'm telling you,he's got muscle for years!"

Clapping excitedly,she'd squeal before replying. "Girl,you need to get me together with this man.He sounds like Paridise on legs.When can I meet him!?"

."Look,I have to take Ken to my Auntie J's before I can head off to work.Why don't you tag along and I'll see if you can maybe meet Chad.Just make sure your here in 30 minutes,okay?"

."Oh my god,B.Thank you,thank you,thank you.I'll see you in 30 then.Love you girl,Chão."

And with that,she hung up,leaving me to shake my head with a chuckle.This girl is head over heels for this man and she hasn't even met him.I trust the heart though,they're gonna get along just fine.

Overhearing the tossing and turning on the baby monitor placed on the shelf behind me,I glanced over at the clock which read:6:13.

Time to wake up the little monster.

Climbing up the stairs,having to stop constantly to pick up the misplaced toys scattered on each step,I inaudibly entered the room,placing  down the toys in their box and turning on his nightlight that illuminated the entire room in different coloured stars.