You're My Favorite Person (Michael Mell X Reader) (Mythical AU)

Michael Mell X Reader

Fluff, Songfic

TRIGGER WARNING: Puns, Partially altered song lyrics (so they're appropriate for the situation)

CUTENESS WARNING: Mythical beings being mythical beings

                                                   Your POV

It started out like any other day, except, it wasn't any other day! Me and my friends almost never see each other, so having a beach day is going to be so exciting, I don't even know! I was wearing a one-piece bathing suit inspired by Lapis Lazuli from one of my favorite shows, Steven Universe. It was made by humans, but unlike most monsters, I never had a problem with them. Overtop, I was wearing a hoodie very unfitting for the temperature, but somehow every summer I wore it everyday without getting heat stroke, and a pair of jean short-shorts. 

I stretched my wings out to their full wingspan, and I took off. I flew for a while, before finding my first stop. The house of the Heere family. I landed, folding my wings behind my back and knocking on the door. A human with no pants, just underwear opened the door. I used my wings to cover my eyes, and I continued saying "Oh, uh, hi Mister Heere. I'm here to pick up Jeremy. Just tell him I'm... heere!" we both laughed at the pun, and he went somewhere to find Jeremy. 

I heard him say bye to his dad, then I heard a door shut. "It's okay. He's in the house." Jeremy said, as I unfolded my wings, and made him sit on my back. I flew off into the sky, landing at yet another house. I knocked, and to my surprise, my mermaid friend Christine was in her water-tight bubble so she could breathe, but move around in the world like a human. 

I felt Jeremy press his face into my wing, so he must have been scared to be around his crush. I let Christine shove my tail into the bubble of water and hold onto it. I flew up again, landing, and picking up our final few friends. Rich the male harpy, and Jenna the werewolf. No one climbed on Rich's back, because he was so short, there wasn't any room for Jenna. Jenna instead climbed onto my back behind Jeremy. 

We flew towards the beach, and we landed. Jeremy and Jenna slid off of my back and Christine dived into the ocean. Rich went off to shop, because he didn't really like me that much. Thought my scaly wings would distract from his feathered ones, or something like that. My wings folded up onto my back again, and I was just chatting with Jenna about gossip. We were discussing whether or not she would be afraid of the water or bite Christine's tail by accident like last time, when I heard the melodic voice of a neko guy start singing. 

"Jeremy my buddy, how's it hangin' lunch is bangin', had my sushi, got my slushy and more! The roll was negimaki, and I'm feelin' kinda cocky 'cause the human girl at Sev' Elev' gave me a generous pour!" 

My heart started thumping so loud, I thought it might burst out of my chest at any moment, and my F/C tail was swishing like it does whenever I'm near him.

"Oh, I'm listenin' to Marley, and the groove is super gnarly, and we're almost at the end of the song. Yeah, that was the end, now tell me friend, how's everyone? You look like chewed gum. What's wrong?" 

My heart pounded louder, and Jenna just went "Ohhh, looks like the dragon's got her heart a fluttering like a butterfly I'd chase and eat!" I blushed like mad and jokingly punched her in the arm. "Stop it, you know he's totally out of my league, Jenna." I said, lying to myself. "That's not stopping Jeremy from loving Christine, is it?" she asked me. "Well, no. I guess maybe I do have a chance!" I said, hoping that my adorable little cinnamon roll of a crush didn't hear me. 

He was talking to Jeremy still. My tail swished, and I went over to them.
"Y/N!"
"Hey Michael!"
"It's so good to see you! Your tail is still swishy I see."
"Yeah, it's always like that."
The awkwardness was building.
"So, Jeremy won't update me on anything. How's he been with Christine?"
"You know, the usual. Stalking, and then there's the CHRISTIIIIIIINE, CHRISTIIIIIIIIINE, CHRISTIIIIIIINE CANIGULA, CHRISTIIIIIIIIIINE-"
"Okay, that's enough of that! That's one thing I didn't miss."
"Just kiss already!" yelled every one of our friends. 

The loud noise was enough to make Michael jump backwards, falling in the water. He thrashed frantically, and I remembered. He can't swim. Nekos can't swim. My adorable slightly chubby Michael can't swim. I extended my wings and flew over, grabbing him by the armpits and flying off. He coughed, but he was alright. 

"Thanks, Y/N. I owe you one." he said, cat ears flicking this way and that in an attempt to get the water off. "No you don't. Just being my friend is more than enough." I said. My eyes became misty with tears. "Michael. Look." I said. I could tell from the way his muscles relaxed that he also knew where we were. I saw an island with a large mountain in the middle of it. On top of the mountain was a small forest, with a lake in the middle that ran down the mountain as a waterfall. Our favorite place. 

I remembered it like it was yesterday. I was flying by myself one day, and I passed by this pretty island. I heard someone yelling for help from the island. I landed, to find a neko boy my age with maroon ears and tail alone with no escape. He was scared of me because I was half-dragon. He explained that his friend Rich the harpy had left him there as a prank, not knowing he couldn't swim. I flew him home, and we became friends. 

Once a year for four years we returned to the island as a reminder of our friendship. We stopped a few years ago, but we still remembered it well. We landed, and Michael shook the water off of himself like a wet cat. "I wonder if it's still here.." I said. We went to the top of the mountain, and looked at every tree. The trees here were the most amazing trees you will ever be lucky enough to see. Pictures don't do them justice. We looked at all of them before finding a tree with words burned into it with fire. The fire-oak read "Y/N & Michael best friends forever". We just cried. 

After an hour, we stopped crying, and we ended up watching the sunset. While it was setting, I decide to stop being a weakling and tell him.
"Hey, Michael?"
"Yeah? What's up?" 

"I'd find the bad guy, and push him aside. Then move on forward with my friend at my side. It's a two-player game, so when they make an attack, I know I've got a brother, gonna have my back. Then you stay on track and remain on course, and if they give you a smack, your friend will use his force! And if you leave your buddy behind, it's lame, 'cause it's a messed up world, but it's a two-player game! Hey!" 

I cleared my throat, and continued singing my heart out.

"Dude, you are cooler than a vintage cassette. I'm lucky no one else but me thinks that yet. You're just a nothing in this high school scheme, But it's no big, 'cause you and I are a team! We like out-of-print games, retro skates, you got a Pac-Man tattoo! Nobody else appreciates, But Michael, my friend, know I really do! 'Cause peeps like us should stick together, stick together, this I know. peeps like us are always awesome! We'll rule together, listen bro, high school without Michael Mell, I wouldn't navigate it well. 'Cause what we do, is we make it a two-player game!" 

I clear my throat again. He just stares intensely at me. 

"As losers, we have fought together for years. Both humans and monsters and our popular peers. Now we're stuck on a relationship level, and I wanna move on. been waiting for two years, I hope You'll realize, peeps like us should stick together, stick together, won't move on." 

he tries to interrupt me with "Dude, I know, I get it-" but I cut him off. 

"Peeps like us should stay together. But we're not dating, dude, all the same, high school is bad, no. Hard, no. Rough, but we know the other's tough, it's me and you, we make it a two-player game!" 

he tries to talk to me again. "Hello?" 

"Fur!" 

"Y/N?" 

"Scales!" 

"Y/N!" 

"Hold on for a second longer, Michael." 

I clear my throat and finish singing, "You know that you are my favorite person. I do not have any other dreams.." 

he starts singing too, and we're both blushing like tomatoes "Is it really true? I'm your favowite person?"
"Yeah. I really really like you, Michael. In fact, I love you, Michael."
"You know what? I love you too, Y/N." and we hugged under the sunset.

Word Count: 1,518

(Author~Chan: Written at 1:06 AM, so if there's phrasing issues, blame it on how tired I am, considering I was up until 4:00 AM last night writing the Connor Murphy X Reader and I've been working on drafts for fanfics since I woke up this morning. If anyone is OOC, blame it on the fact that they're mythical creatures that give them slightly altered personality traits. Like Michael being scared easily because he's a cat or Jenna being blunt because she's a wolf.)