Prologue

Sirens filled the streets of New York, probably another robbery, per the usual. Crime ran rampant in the poor cities that lies on the island of Manhattan. It only got worse and the rumors are a crime boss controls the crime in New York.

     A man stood alone on top of a building, looking down at the streets below. He wore black leather that was developed like armor, a dark cowl that covered half of his face and a dark hood over his head. He ran along the building, following the sounds of screaming, someone was in danger. He leapt onto the next building and kept running, leaping over obstacles in his path.

     He ran for a few minutes and stood over a dark alleyway, sounds of blows and punches, the sound of a woman scared helpless. He detected two men, a fairly large, heavy built guy. The man above could tell by the way his blows sounded and a much shorter, skinner guy. He reached in his little pouch and grabbed two skinned black clubs, chucking one right at the big guy.

CLACK! THUD!

He heard the sound of the club hitting the man in the head before the ma hitting the ground. The man above leapt off the roof, landing down in the dark alley, prepared to strike when.....

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

16 years ago

I woke up as my alarm beeped. I opened my eyes and glanced at the time. 6:30. Great.....another day of middle school. I sighed and got up, quickly getting dressed. I walked to the bathroom and washed my face, brushed my teeth, finishing the rest of my morning care. I walked into the living room of our small apartment, grabbing my backpack and headed of the door to catch the bus.

As the bus pulled up, I gripped my backpack before getting on. I immediately spotted my best friend, Joseph Trohman and sat next to him. "Hey, Joey." I said.

"Hey, Patrick! Dude, it's field trip day! Are you excited?"

"A little bit."

"Dad going out tonight?"

"Yeah...."

"It's okay, Patrick. Just don't let Chris hear you say that, you know the rumors people have spread about your dad."

"Yeah.....I know."

***************************************

     After school, the boys hung out at Joey's apartment, hanging out and playing a few games of Street Fighter 2 until it was time for Patrick to head home.

      "Be careful." Mrs. Trohman said.

      "I will. Thank you, Mrs. Trohman!" Patrick said and headed down the sidewalk to his apartment. He clutched his backpack straps, walking down when he noticed a man walking into the street. He had a cane with him and glasses over his face. Patrick soon noticed a truck coming towards him.

      "Sir!" Patrick yelled before running towards the man, pushing him out of the way when he heard the truck screech.

     Suddenly, Patrick was on the ground, blood gushing down his forehead and drenched in the liquid the truck was carrying. A crowd started to form around Patrick, some bystanders calling 911. The area around his eyes started to burn and he felt a hand on his arm.

     "An ambulance is own their way....just hold on." He heard a woman speak.

     It seemed like an hour before he heard the siren....and his heard the familiar voice of his dad. "Patrick? Patrick!"

     He felt the familiar grip of his dad's hands. "Patrick, don't open your eyes." His dad said and he felt his dad wipe his eyes but Patrick had to see. He opened his eyes to look at his father but his vision started to fade to black.

      "Dad.....I can't see....." Patrick started to cry.