Chapter 1

RING RING

"Aura's Flowers, this is Rowan, how may I help you?" I answer the phone, keeping my voice sweet and airy.

"Yeah, I would like to order some flowers for Mother's Day." A deep, slightly rough voice answers, apparently not knowing manners as he didn't even try to say it kindly.

"Do you know what flowers you would like for your order, Sir?" Luckily I have plenty of experience with assholes so I become sickly sweet back, as I shuffle around for my order form and get my favorite pen out.

"No? I don't really do this that often" Obviously.

"Alright then, what colors would you like?" 

He gave a short reply of "white and purple."

"Do you want mostly purple with white accents?" I start to brainstorm what I can do.

"Yeah, that works. Have them ready by five o'clock tonight." I look at my watch to see it is around one in the afternoon.

"Alright, I'll see what I can do, it shouldn't be a problem for them to be done by then! Can I please have a name?" It shouldn't be a problem, because most people order their Mother's Day flowers weeks in advance so they are done on the day, what numbskull waits? Of course, I don't say that to him, but it's common sense.

"Oliver Auriemo, A-u-r-i-e-m-o" I look to make sure I have everything filled out that I need filled out and see a blank that I forgot.

"Alright, one more thing, do you want a vase or do you want it wrapped up in a bouquet?" I put the end of my pen up to my mouth as I'm asking the question.

"Clear, glass vase."

"No problem Sir! Thank you, have a nice afternoon and I'll see you at five!" With that I end the call, slightly bothered by the cold tone, but I shrug it off and get to work.

After looking at our stock I decide on doing purple hydrangea and chrysanthemum; white babydolls, whitish purple and purplish pink sweet peas; and I put some bleeding hearts in it as well, which I hope he's okay with.

By the time five rolls around I'm getting antsy because I've had more time to think about the bouquet and I'm scared it doesn't look good. I've made them by myself before, but I've always had my parents to give me advice when I ask. I'm all alone so I can't ask for advice if I want it. The grandfather clock behind me chimes, telling me it's five o'clock and I hear the door ring as it opens.

I lift my eyes with a smile to see who came in and my eyes meet the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen, they are so dark that I swear they're black, but they have a golden ring around the pupil. The face that accompanies them is much younger than what I anticipated and when he speaks my breath catches in my throat. I guess hot numbskulls wait until the day of.

"I'm here to pick up an order for Oliver Auriemo." At that moment I realize that the phone doesn't do his voice an ounce of justice.I guess I took too long to answer because next thing I know he's snapping his fingers with an irritated look. "Hello?"

I snap out of my trance very quickly and look away from his deep brown eyes, that I mistook for black when I first saw them and stutter my way through my next sentence. "R-right, sorry Sir, um Mr. Auriemo I mean it's uh- right here for you... Sir."

I move the vase over to the counter for him to see it better. "I- um, used some different varieties of flowers to give a unique look, and I hope you don't mind, but I added some bleeding hearts in as well for a little more dimension and it's a symbol of love, which I'm guessing these are for a loved one since it's Mother's Day, so I added the touch, you know? But um- I can take them out if you don't like them sir, it's not a problem at all." My voice starts to fade towards the end, realizing I'm rambling and not exactly knowing what I'm saying, just letting the word vomit come out as it pleases. I look down at the floor blushing, because I'm dumb enough to do such a thing in front of this so beautifully sculpted human being. Someone who was literally put together by the hands of whatever is in the sky and implanted onto this earth.