16.

Ella Mai's album sounded loudly throughout the room. She hung pictures of inspiration quotes around the room matching her decor. Black and white colors roamed the wall completing the finishing style. Hanging her last picture over the bed , she smiled at her accomplishments. For weeks she had been procrastinating on making a effort to re-evaluate her bedroom.

      "Boo'd up" Jayda mumbled picking up clothing tags off the carpet. She made a mental note to vacuum the floor later on.

           Saturday had finally rolled around and she spent most of it cleaning. She had nothing else planned and the room needed s fixer upper. After all it had been weeks since she last got a chance to fully clean the room again. Jayda always hated the sight of a junkie room, so she made it her duty to keep hers clean.

          The bedroom door opened and in walked Devon. He did the usual jumping on the bed, messing up the freshly made up comforter.  "I just made up the bed" she whined. "Stop moving around your wrinkling it" she complained stomping her feet.

          "Stop being a big baby and come show daddy some love" Devon held his arms out , waiting for her body to be wrapped in them. She slowly came over pouting trying to hide the big smile creeping across her face. Devon showered her face with endless kisses loving her soft , smooth skin. "My mom wants to meet you"

      Jayda pulled away from him furrowing her eyebrows. "Not trying to kill the mood but we're not even official, it's way to early to be meeting your mother" she informed him attempting to install some sense into him.

    "I know and I told her that but she's not budging. Every time I see her she keeps bugging me about bringing you over for dinner. She's not gonna stop asking until she finally sees you" he ranted hoping to somewhat ease her mind. "It's no need to be nervous , she's a laid back person"

"What if she doesn't like me"

OR? What if I don't like her ??!?!?!

Shaking away her thoughts , she rolled off him getting her mind together. Today is the day she found out whether his mother really is the lady who stole from her parents. She prayed to God it wasn't, she wouldn't know how to tell Devon the truth without sounding suspect.

         Nodding her head she agreed to go. On the inside , she wanted to fall off the face of the earth.

          "We'll go get ready" he lightly tapped her butt. Jayda sighed getting up to pick something appropriate. She trashed her closet trying to find a perfect outfit. "Don't wear anything over the top it's hot outside. Jeans and a tank top."

        "You day this after I wreck my closest to find a dress? You get on my nerves"

      Devon snickered as she undressed in front of them. They had gotten very comfortable around each other but it made sense. A few days ago they had saw everything on their bodies , every scar, nook, or cranny. He had saw tattoos in exotic places on her body , detailed, various amounts of meanings.

          Sitting in front of the vanity, she heated up the curling iron. Attempting to pick it up, Devon took it from her , holding a strand of her hair. Laying back in her seat , she got comfortable waiting to see the turn out. He flatten the back on a mission to finish the front, his face held a determined look.

          "Now that your done with my hair I'm gonna do something for you" Jayda emphasized the word you. "While you take your shower I'll iron your outfit"

           He shook his head. "That's too much, you don't need to be doing tha-."

   "Shut up, I'm grown. I make my own choices, just let me do something for once".

       Jayda pushed him outside the room plugging up the iron. She laid the clothes down flat on her bed straightening them out. When it up she ran it over the shirt a couple of times, erasing the wrinkles. Hanging the plaid shirt , she laid out a pair of his Jordan's to match.

             Leaving the room, she met Miracle in the kitchen. Grabbing a cup, she poured a tall glass of wine.  The way she was feeling , she could use a whole bottle. Her friend cut her eyes at her, wondering why the sudden stress. "Jayda, you okay".

       "Nervous, upset, stressed"

          "For"Miracle asked holding this face of confusion. Jayda's vague answers were only adding to the confusion.

      "Devon taking me to meet his mother" she admitted taking another swig. Miracle jumped up and down clapping her manicured hands together.

      "What's the matter, shouldn't you be happy"

      "I can't be happy knowing she could've been the woman stealing from my parent's job" Jayda whispered going closer near Miracle. She didn't want Devon to over head them talking. "That same day they told me about them firing her , Devon came home complaining about his mom losing her job. Apparently she didn't tell him the real reason she lost the job"

           "That could've been a coincidence ruin something before it even starts"

        "Whatever but I know I'm right. My gut feeling never fails me"

         Devon came from the room silencing their conversation. They stood up trying to start a random conversation. Jayda grabbed her purse nearing towards the exit, she waved at Miracle heading towards the car.

        The ride finally ended and they were now in his mother's driveway. Devon opened the passenger door holding his hand out for Jayda to grip. They walked to the front door hand in hand, Devon unlocked it stepping in. The smell of fresh cooking breezed passed their noses.

     "Hey baby" Gina squealed kissing her son's cheek. She smiled pulling back but it dropped eyeing the girl's face. "Who might this be"

      "I'm his friend Jayda" she introduced herself holding out her hand for Gina to shake. Gina's eyes widened stepping back away from her, she nervously smiled.

      "Who are your parents" she asked reaching for a knife.

    "Why does it matter" Jayda asked sweetly trying to play it cool. You could easily tell that Gina was playing the quilt card. She was scared that she could possible be getting caught or going to jail in the process.

     "T-the Lasters, your parents are the I HAVE NO JOB. THOSE SON OF A BITCHES TOOK EVERYTHING I HAD AWAY FROM ME." Gina ranted shaking in anger. Just thinking about those two bastards rubbed her mood the wrong way.

     "OR THE FACT THAT YOU STOLE MONEY AND OTHER SHIT THAT DIDNT BELONG TO YOUR THIEVING ASS" Jayda added furious. This dinner is definitely gonna end for the worst.

       "Mom this is a fucking joke right? Where's the camera" he laughed clenching his fist together.

    I wish it was...

       "It's real, there's nothing to joke about"