Chapter 7

I touched my lips and thought of the moment when Shriya's lips were against mine. I could not believe that she confessed everything. It all felt like a dream, but fortunately, it was all real.
I slept at around 4 in the morning.
I woke up at around 10, when I heard grandma calling me. I came out of the room, in my lower and t shirt, messed up hair, and sleepy face. I saw Shriya. She looked beautiful. She had already told grandma about last night (not about the kiss but about the drive and confession.)  Grandma was happy.
"And yeah! It's her birthday too." I announced.
"I know." Grandma said.
Grandma went to the balcony, to give water to the few plants we had, giving some privacy to me and Shriya.
I hugged her, and kissed her cheek.

She sat there in the living room, while I went into the kitchen to get some water for her. I knew grandma would've done that, but still.

"Piyush. May I ask you something?" She said.

"Yeah! Sure." I said.

"Don't mind. But why don't you have pictures of your parents or grandfather in your house." She said.

"Follow me." I said, and took her to my room.

"Your room is amazing." She said.

"Well thank you." I said. Pointing towards the pictures on the wall of my room, I told her, "This is my mom, my dad and grandpa."

"Your dad and grandpa look strict." She said, looking at the pictures. "Your mom was..... Correction.... Your mom is gorgeous." Shriya said.

"Thank You." I said. "I miss her. Sometimes." I said, and that expression of sorrow appeared on face.

"Hey! Don't be sad. She's still with you. And you know, all that you've achieved, all that you've done, you've made her, and everyone proud." Shriya said, and hugged me.

"In my old house, the pictures were there in the living room. Every time grandma would see them, she'd cry. I didn't want her to cry. She's not prohibited to look at these  pictures, but now that they don't always stay in front of her, so she doesn't cry." I told her.

We came out of the room. Grandma was sitting there in the living room. She smiled.
"Dadi, I want you to meet my family, tonight. I've arranged a dinner treat. You have to come with Piyush." Shriya said.

"Of course beta." Dadi said, kept her hands on Shriya's head, and prayed.
She kissed Shriya's forehead, and blessed her. Shriya touched her feet and left.

How hard it was, for me to believe that I and Shriya were in a relationship. That we had kissed each other. I felt blessed.
I was really happy. Another reasons for my happiness were Shriya's birthday, and the day being a Saturday.

In the evening, I and grandma met Shriya's mom and dad.

"Piyush, would you mind coming here?" Shriya asked me to come and stand by her. I did. Shriya held my hand, and started speaking, "Mom, Dad, I have to tell you something. I and Piyush are together. We are dating." She said.
"We haven't decided about marriage yet. but we are quite serious."

"Marriage. You proposed me like yesterday." I laughed slightly, without letting anyone else notice.

Her mom and dad were surprised. After a while, they smiled. "Since when?" Her mom said. Everyone just laughed and hugged each other. Shriya's dad hugged me, and said, "Welcome to the family boy."

I just smiled. Shriya's mom hugged me. "Congratulations beta!" She said.
"Thank You aunty. And Same to you." I said. She made a weird face.
"Call me mom." She announced. "Okay mom." I said.
Shriya's dad hugged me and Shriya.

And then everyone stood silently. They wanted me and Shriya to hug each other. We were shy in front of them.
But eventually, I hugged her, tight in my arms, and whispers in her ears, "I love you Shriya." "I love you too Piyush."
Before letting go, I whispered one more thing, "When are you planning to decide about marriage?" She laughed a bit and said, "Quite soon babe."

We had awesome dinner.

"I think we should delete Shriya's profile from Shaadi.com." Mom said.

I laughed, allowing the food inside my mouth to choke my windpipe. "Hey! Don't laugh. They made the profile." Shriya defended herself, and at the same time, offered my water.

"Did I say something?" I said, trying to control my laughter. And soon, everyone except Shriya started laughing.
It was time for us to leave.

"Shriya, can we talk?" I asked in front of everyone. They excused us, mom and dad went to bring the car and grandma went to the washroom.

"Seriously, Shaadi.com?" I teased her.
"Stop..... no..!!" she said, a bit irritated.
"Okay okay." I said. "By the way, I had to ask that only."
Shriya punched me on my shoulder. I laughed.

Later that night, as I was lying on my bed, I thought, "Everything is going so smooth. Her parents agreed and everything. Is everything alright?"

I was too tired. I sent Shriya a text, "Goodnight baby. Thanx for this amazing day. Thanx for an amazing family. I love you."

In no time, I fell asleep