[37] HARRINGTON

to say Steve was nervous was an understatement

to say Steve was nervous was an understatement. he usually never got nervous, but when you were around, his palms got sweaty, his face heated up and turned a nice shade of pink. By now, everyone knew he liked you.

You strolled up to him, wanting to talk and to help putting up fabric upon the walls of the Byers' shed. "H-hey y/n, wh-what's up?" Steve stuttered, placing his arm on a nearby shelf.

You contemplated about confronting him about his feelings, considering that you had just escaped from a lab with - demodogs - as Dustin referred to them as such. But you just needed one more thing to be off your focus and away from the things that distracted you from what was going on.

"Uh, yeah. I just wanted to know if those rumors are true. Do you really like me?" You pondered, staring into his eyes.

He didn't know how to answer, instead, just nodding his head. Steve looked as if he was trying to form some words, but nothing came out.

"We'll talk about this later," you smiled, brushing his hand with yours as you grabbed one of the stapler guns.

Steve just stood still for a second, watching as you placed the fabric on the wall. You were amazing and insane for strolling into the shed without a care.