Epilogue

Sorry I decided to end this book! I used to get 600 reads now I get 90 lol. I feel like I shouldn't drag the book out longer! You've all been soo supportive and ilysm! Enjoy the final chapter of Don't Forget!!

-------------------------------------------

(1 year time skip)

Epilogue: Maddie's POV-

I slowly made my way down to time square, where I was meeting Josh for ice skating. I buttoned my jacket because of the chill then checked my phone. There was a text from Josh.

"Hey Madison running a little late. Be there soon. Love you."

I replied.

"Okay love you."

I go by Madison now usually, but I let Josh call me Maddie. He knows I don't like it that much though. I was about to put my phone away when I heard someone behind me.

"Maddie? Maddie Ziegler?"

I whipped my head around and saw Chloe Lukasiak standing a foot away from me. "Chloe! It's so great to see you!" I hugged her tightly.

"How's it going!" She said with excitement.

"Fine, how about you?"

"It's good."

"I'm about to meet Josh in time square for ice skating."

"Oh my gosh! You're still together?"

"Yes!"

"Congrats!"

"Thanks! I would stay and chat but I should really get going." I hugged her again and we exchanged our updated phone numbers. I turned away and the brisk wind hit my face as I walked in the opposite direction.

My phone rang and I answered immediately.

"Hey this is Madison." I said, unsure of the caller.

"Hey Maddie it's Paige."

"What's up!"

"Want to come over?"

"Can't right now I'm going ice skating with josh."

"Aw I miss you."

"Miss you too. I'll talk to you tonight maybe we can see a movie or something."

"Okay bye Mad."

"Bye."

I hung up.

Once I arrived at the ice skating rink I got my skates and sat down as I attempted to lace them up. I jumped when I felt someone's arms wrap around me from behind.

"Hey josh"

"Hey."

I kissed him for a few seconds then he sat down next to me after getting his skates. We went ice skating for about an hour then went to get hot chocolate. He took me on the indoor merry go round that we always went on when we were younger. Of course when we were younger we fought over what animal we rode on though.

When we were done we got in his car.

"I love you so much." He told me.

"Aw I love you too." I said and put my arms around him. He kissed me.

"No I mean I love you SO much."

I kissed him back.

"Marry me, Maddie."

I was shocked. I went into a quick panic mode. Did he just propose to me??? "What do you mean?" I said, taken aback by his sudden demand.

"I mean let's get married." He pulled out a black box from his pocket. "I've been holding onto this for a while."

I hesitated. Wait why am I hesitating am I stupid? The love of my life just proposed to me.

"Madison Nicole Ziegler will you give me the honor of being my wife?"

"Yes!" I yelled and hugged him to tightly. "Yes!" I repeated.

"Great lets do it now."

"Now!?" I screamed.

"Yes now." He encouraged.

"How on earth do we do it now."

"Let's go to town hall."

"You're insane Joshua Hyland."

And then we drove to town hall. I started tearing up. I can't believe this is happening to me right now. I thought about all Josh and I have been through and I knew he was the one.

He looked into my eyes for a few seconds but that was all it took. A loud horn beeped and slammed into the side of our car. Soon after, I blacked out.

THREE DAYS LATER.

"Maddie?" A voice came into the room.

My eyes opened and I saw a boy with dirty blonde hair. "Hello?"

"It's me Josh."

I was confused.

"Josh who?" I asked politely.

His face dropped and tears came to his eyes.

"Oh you're Josh Hyland. Brooke and Paige's brother?" I asked.

He just stared at me with distant eyes.

"Yeah... Brooke and Paige's brother." He trailed off.

The End.