11

After successfully rocking the babies to sleep, Kit found an old t shirt of P'Kieng's I could change into. He didn't want me wearing any of his clothes because they were a little too small for me. P'Kieng's old t shirt wasn't my style at all. It had patterns and writings all over, and it was a little loose fit.

The babies only napped for about an hour. Kit and I only had enough time to eat lunch. Kit's grandma was up and about but she was hardly any help. Neither Kit nor I understood the Chinese language she spoke.

By the time his family got back we were beyond tired. My respect for mothers had skyrocketed.

During dinner the conversation was mostly centered around the wedding the family had just returned from. Kit and I didn't have the energy to contribute much to the conversation.

"Let's take a shower." I said to Kit when we walked into his bedroom later that evening.

"Aren't you going home?"

"No. I'm too tired to drive and I already told my family I won't be coming home tonight." I yawned as I spoke while watching Kit as he undressed. I silently hoped he wouldn't insist I leave. He still hadn't said anything about my coming to see him against his wish.

"Then use the guest room." He yawned too and took his pants off. He's slowly becoming less conscious about being naked in my presence, I think, unless he is just too tired to care.

"Kit, this again? You know I won't. Aren't you tired? I'll help you scrub your back."

"If you want to sleep in here then behave yourself." I guess I get to stay. Sweet.

"You're yet to keep your promise of showering with me. You always find an excuse. You have to keep your promise today."

"Wait till we go back to school. You don't want P'Kieng to kick you out, do you?"

Argh, Kit is right. His brother will kick me out if he thinks I've done anything indecent with Kit at their house. So frustrating.

"Kit...do you want to have Kids someday?" I asked him a while after we'd gotten in bed.

"..."

I turned to him when he didn't answer. His closed eyes and even breathes indicated he'd already embarked on his journey to dreamland. I gave him a peck on his inviting lips and fell back on the bed. I'd love to pull him into my arms right now, but I might be tempted to do more, so I didn't.

I woke up to the angry face of P'Kieng starring down at me with his hand painfully gripping my shoulder. We didn't do it for goodness sake, but then I felt a weight on my shoulder when I tried to move. Kit's head was on my shoulder, his arm was thrown over my stomach and his body was tightly tucked into my side as he slept. But still, we were obviously fully clothed. I hope P'Kieng doesn't think we did anything indecent. I groaned inwardly.

"What time are you leaving?"

"Errr..." Is he trying to kick me out because Kit is sleeping on my shoulder?

"You can stay a little longer right?"

"I think so." I didn't give a definite answer because I wasn't sure where he was going with this.

"I'll be taking my woman to the spa. I want her to spend the day relaxing. She said you two did a good job yesterday, so I'll be leaving the babies in your care till we get back. We're leaving in about thirty minutes, so you might want to wake up now."

It surprised me that P'Kieng would ask me to stay, especially considering the not so friendly way he was looking at me. And every time his eyes wondered to Kit, I imagined that the sight of Kit sleeping on my shoulder so comfortably didn't make him any happier. In my own way, I understand the feelings of a big brother wanting to protect his siblings. 

"What about your mum?" Even so, after yesterday, I wasn't eager to change diapers today.

"She and dad went out. They won't be back until late." I don't want to change diapers but being able to spend more time with Kit was more important, so I agreed.

"Kit, were you serious about specializing in pediatrics?" I asked him when the babies finally decided to take a nap later that afternoon.

"For now, it is the top of my list."

"As long as it's not gynecology or plastic surgery, it's fine."

"What's wrong with plastic surgery? There's a lot of money in that."

"I don't want women throwing themselves at you just to get you to give them double eyelids or something."

"Ooh, that sounds interesting. Maybe I should seriously consider plastic surgery."

"Hey..." I grabbed his hand and pulled him to me. "If you're trying to tease me...don't." His lips were only inches away.

"Will it make you jealous?" I watched as his gaze fell on my lips. I was happy that he wanted it too but...we can't. Aside from the peck last night, I haven't kissed him in over a week.

"Very jealous. I don't want anyone throwing themselves at you for any reason." I took one more look at his enticing lips before pulling away.

I don't want to be kicked out of Kit's house for any reason. This was an opportunity to get to know Kit's family more and get them to know me while at the same time I show them more of my good side. That way when Kit is ready, and we finally come out to them, they wouldn't have too hard a time accepting our relationship. But who am I to talk? I haven't told my family either.

"Ahem." Kit cleared his throat and looked away shyly after I'd pulled away.

"I asked you this yesterday, but you were already asleep. Do you want to have kid's someday?"

"Umm, I haven't thought much about it. What about you? Do you want to have kid's someday?"

"I didn't think about it until I saw you with the babies. It's obvious that you love children. I wouldn't mind seeing you hold our baby the way you hold you niece and nephew." Kit's cheeks flushed when I said our baby.

"Our baby...b-but neither of us can get pregnant so..."

"There are other ways...adoption is one, but if we have one, I want a child that looks like you, so artificial insemination? But I don't really like the thought of your sperm in some random woman."

"Yeah...those would work but for now let's feed the babies."

Kit didn't seem like he wanted to have this conversation. I probably jumped the gun, considering our one-year anniversary is yet to come. Maybe it is a little too early to talk about having kids, but I really would love to have a daughter who looked exactly like Kit. She would be the cutest thing.