Unexpected Journey

In New York City (Queens District) there is a party being thrown for a girl named Alexa "Alex" Worthington. This is her 30th birthday and she is partying it up with a block party at her place of residence. Even with the tremendous amount of people there, she still finds the time to enjoy the party with her best friend Jamal Davidson whom isn't really enjoying himself partly because his friend Alex has been drinking excessively and at this point is making a fool of herself. I have to get her out of here says Jamal. Excuse me he says as he maneuvers through the crowd of people. After a few long exhilarating minutes, Jamal finally reaches Alex whom is dancing very provocative in the street. As he reaches for her hand, she falls to the street in a drunken state. Jamal picks her up and places her over his right shoulder. The intoxicating crowd cheers loudly as they watch him carrying her off towards her house. He stumbles a few times over the beer cans and bottles that have accumulated in her yard but manages to reach the front door unharmed. As he begins to open the front door, he feels something warm on the right backside of his waist. He uses his left arm to feel in the area and quickly discovers the problem. As he brings his left arm to his face, he frowns in disgust. I can't believe that you just threw up on me says Jamal. I do not know why you attempt to drink alcohol because every time you do it, I have to clean up behind you. You like to drink the hardcore stuff but you can't even handle the kiddie drinks. As he continues to lecture a semiconscious Alex, he is walking up the stairway making his way to her bedroom which is on the second floor. When he reaches the top of the stairway, he feels the same warm sensation close to the same location on his back as a few minutes earlier. Come on Alex......again? How much did you have to drink? He walks down the hallway to the last door on the right. Here we are Alex. After a long and unfortunately warm journey, we have finally made it to your room. Jamal opens the door and walks in. He kicks the door shut, places Alex on the bed and proceeds to the bathroom in her room. I have to clean this vomit off my shirt before I go home he says. I know how crazy my girlfriend can get especially over you Alex. He hears a noise in the room so he goes back to check on Alex. Jamal stands there as he witness Alex, whom is now in her birthday suit, dancing and stumbling around. He hurries over and tries to restrain her. You know that you want me says Alex. Alex now tries to kiss him but he shrugs back. What I want is for you to get in bed and sleep this off says Jamal. I'm beginning to think that someone spiked your drink hoping to get something else out of you. Because of her drunken state, Alex loses consciousness in Jamal's arms. That didn't last long says Jamal as he gently puts Alex to bed. Tired and exhausted, Jamal sits in the chair beside Alex's bed. He looks over at her while she sleeps and snores. You really made me work tonight you crazy girl says Jamal. I won't tell anyone but you have a nice body. You better be glad that you are my best friend he says jokingly. I'll tell you about it in the morning when your hangover begins. It will give you something else to think about besides that terrible headache that you'll have. He now stands up and rubs her face gently. You're the sister that I never had says Jamal. You have always had my back and of course I have yours..........always. Jamal now goes back into the bathroom and removes his heavily stained shirt. He washes it in her sink and hangs it on the shower curtain rail to dry. He now goes back and takes a seat in the chair beside Alex's bed. As fatigue sets in, he leans back and closes his eyes. The party is ending so I'll just rest here for a few minutes until my shirt dries.

     It is now 7:15am and the party has been over for several hours. Miles away a girl named Ava Roberts is waking up alone in her bed. She rolls over and looks at the clock and sees the time. Where in the hell is he at? He stayed out all last night? She reaches underneath her pillow to retrieve her cell phone. She tries to call him but his phone just rings and eventually goes to his voicemail. Now furious, she gets up and begins to shower and get dressed. I bet he went to that girl's party last night while I specifically told him not to go there. He is lucky that I do not have to work this weekend. After a few more minutes of getting dressed, Ava is on her way out of the 2 million dollar condo that her father bought for her. She gets into her wine color Maserati and takes off angrily.