XII

Eyeing the young woman, seeing her brunette hair tied back in an odd hairdo of what seemed to be three stacked buns, flyaways hanging loose, you blinked as she stuck out her hand for you to shake. "Rey..." You repeated, not recalling any Rey...

That is until you remembered Leia mentioning a daughter.

"Oh god..." You mumbled as Kylo instantly looked over at you as your heart skipped a beat.

"What?" He asked as Rey eyed the two of you in confusion.

"Hi, Rey... Sorry, I'm Y/N and this is Kylo." You presented before shaking her hand as she nodded.

"Oh, right, mom mentioned we'd be having guests tonight." She said as she took a step back to allow you in, you tugging Kylo with you as he stood there, uneasy.

"Sorry! I would've answered the door but I was setting up the table." Leia nearly panted. "Hello." She greeted with a smile, pulling you and Kylo into a hug. "I'm sure you've met Rey?"

"Yes, she introduced herself." You said, taking in a small breath.

Nodding, Leia then looked up at Kylo and saw the look on his face. "Oh... B— Kylo... Uh—"

"Why do you look so familiar?" Rey asked, looking up at Kylo. "I feel like I've seen you somewhere? In photos? Do I know you?"

"No..." Kylo answered as Leia gulped.

"Rey... This— This is Ben." She said as Rey looked at her mother for a moment, unsure of what she meant. "Your older brother..." Seeing Rey's eyes widen, her heart skipped a beat.

"Th— That Ben?" She questioned as Leia nodded, Kylo standing there as his heart sank.

"I have a sister?" He asked with furrowed brows as Leia nodded.

"I'm sorry, I never mentioned her earlier... I was so caught up on catching up with you and—" Sucking in a deep breath, Leia grabbed Rey's hand. "Well... This is your little sister."

"Oh..." Was all he could say, completely thrown back. How would he have known that he had siblings? He was kidnapped at such a young age to even know... And she must've been born after he was taken. "How... How old are you, Rey?" He asked, clearing his throat.

"Just turned 24." She said as he blinked. "What about you?"

"About to be 30..." Kylo answered as her eyebrows lifted. "You must've been born after I was taken..."

"Taken?" Rey's eyebrows narrowed but Leia gave her hand a squeeze.

"There's a lot we need to discuss, but I rather we do it around your father." Leia nodded as Rey took in a small breath before looking over at you.

"I'm— I'm just Kylo's... Uh, Ben's girlfriend." You nodded as Kylo sucked in a breath at the sound of Ben leaving your lips.

"His girlfriend?" Rey asked with a small smile. "Well, my brother's got good taste, you're gorgeous." She chuckled as you smiled.

"Thank you." You blushed as Kylo tightened his grip around your hand. "Your family is beautiful, inside and out... So I'm lucky." You said as Leia smiled at that, Rey doing the same as you leaned your head on Kylo's arm.

"It would've been a nice warning to know our guests were Ben and his girlfriend... You know, that's a very big secret you don't keep." Rey muttered to Leia as Leia patted her back.

"It's a surprise, sunshine." She said. "And your father doesn't know, either... Which is why we should move to the dining room." Leia gestured for you and Kylo to follow.