twenty-four

Hold On by Derek Hough

》   《

Shit has been rough. I've been nonstop sick for nearly an entire month, throwing up and feeling like the physical embodiment of a mud puddle. Dallas is beyond worried sick about me, he's been pressuring me to see a doctor. After weeks of him constantly telling me I need medical attention I finally booked an appointment with the doctor for today. The thing is, he doesn't know which doctor I decided to see.

The appointment isn't until the middle of my shift but I'm still going to work a half day today, it keeps my mind off things. In better news I've officially been in Tulsa for over a year so that's something to brag about. Me and Dallas celebrated our 1 year anniversary at a carnival in the next town over and basically had a little weekend getaway. I wish it lasted longer, but every day with Dallas is like a dream in itself.

I put my elbows on the countertop and held my head in my palms. I had a raging headache, I hadn't eaten in what felt like a full day. I looked at the clock and was shocked to see it had only been an hour since I last had a can of pop and some chips. That would usually hold me over until my next meal. It made me anxious to see my body changing, but it was time for my doctor's appointment anyways. It was time to figure this out once and for all.

I grabbed my bag and hollered at Sodapop and Steve, "I'm gonna head out boys."

"Good luck at the doc's office, Ivy." Steve replied

"I'll try to keep my cool." I replied, too sick to chuckle

I went to walk about the door but I heard Sodapop run in, "Wait, Ivy. Before you go, I have to give you something."

"Yeah?" I asked

"Remember when that guy came by? Your brother?" Sodapop asked

"Yeah." I replied

"Well," Soda reached into his pocket and pulled out an envelope, "before he left, he told me to give you this."

I took the envelope in my hands and examined it, it was plain white but had my name written across the back. "I know its been months since he was here but I just kept forgetting about it." Sodapop apologized

"Thanks, Soda." I said with a fake smile, "See you guys later."

"See ya, Ivy." Soda waved

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

"How'd it go?" Dallas asked, concerned