Ch. 7-- A Visit

Rafaela's POV

"Why are you at the Elven Kingdom?" I asked Alucard.

"I was planning to go to Swan Castle," Alucard explained, "but I had to pass through here first. When I saw that the kingdom was being attacked, I immediately decided to defend it."

"How kind, risking your life defending a kingdom that no one asked for you to defend..."

"Eh, it was worth it. The kingdom would've been taken over by those demons if I hadn't helped. I'm a demon hunter, after all."

I thought about what he said. His kindness makes me like him more now! "You know Alucard, I love people who are kind like you."

Alucard look at me with slight confusion. "Hmm... There are people more kind than me. For me, killing is always better than giving mercy."

I looked at him with a funny face. "You're so good at jokes..."

"I'm not joking! Some people might look kind outside, but are evil on the inside. Others might look cold on the outside, but are kind on the inside.."

I just stared at him as if he's crazy.

"But I'm not that evil, okay?"

"Okay, but you sound like Kagura."

"Who is that?"

"Wielder of the Seimei Umbrella."

"Oh. Maybe I do."

We sat in silence for a couple of minutes.

"Rafaela?"

"Yes?

"I'm gonna leave soon."

"Where?"

"To Swan Castle."

"I'm coming with you, then."

"Rafaela?"

"What?"

Alucard was silent again.

"Rafaela, do you like me?"

"Alucard... Yes...." I responded in hopes of him liking me back.

"... Just know that there are others more worthy of your love, Rafa..."

I was shocked. Alucard doesn't like me?! Maybe this is fake... Maybe he is just messing with me.

"Tell me who you are, Rafaela. I can sense that you're no ordinary human."

I hesitated. "I'm... I'm a holy angel."

"There, Rafaela. You have many choices of people to love in this case."

"But... I like you..."

Alucard looked at me, determined to persuade me. "You're stubborn, Rafa. Did you ever have a boyfriend?"

Am I stubborn? I don't think so... There's nothing wrong with loving Alucard. "N-no..."

"Look, you're hesitating. You had one, right?"

"No, I just liked someone before I saw you, but now I..."

"You like me? Trust me, that's just momentary love..."

"How do you know?"

"..."

I waited patiently for his answer.

Until Pharsa flew in.

"Rafaela!" She shrieked while panting, "Rafa, I'm so glad to find you..."