Chapter Two; A Visitor

A couple days had gone by, and Varian happily worked in his lab.

He was currently mixing some chemicals, his goggles where down covering his eyes as he added two drops of a pink chemical into the green, the mixture then changed to a light blue.

The boy smiled brightly, setting the liquid down, he pulled his goggles off, and write down what happened.

After he wrote it down, there was a knock at the door, he turned, "Come in~" the boy called.

The door openly slowly, then his dad popped his head around the corned, seeing no danger, he opened it all the way, and walked in.

"Hello" he spoke looking around, "I just wanted to let you know, I am having an old friend over..." he looked over his sons shoulder.

(L. Note: alright, comment here! Who is this "friend"? Don't read end or later in the series and come back, that would ruin it for others, but I just want a guess!)

"I mostly wanted to make sure you wont be doing..." he pointed at Varians experiment, "that, please" his father pleaded.

Varian gave him a confused look, then it hit him what he was saying.

"Oh! Ah... S-Sorry-sorry I was just finishing up!" Varian gave a nervous laugh.

His father gave him an amused smile, "well let's have lunch, clean the house, then take a walk, she'll get here late tonight" he shrugged, planning the day.

Variants eyes lit up, his father never had time to actually do stuff with him!

After getting cleaned up, Varian and Quirin had their ham Sandwiches, as they ate Varian told his Father about what he was working on.

Quirin didn't really approve of this "alchemy" but it made Varian happy, so he just told his son to be safe.

After that the two quickly cleaned the house, then before they went for a walk, Quirin went off to do some paperwork, as Varian picked up his lab the best he could.

Quirin wasn't going to mess with stuff he didn't understand, so he went to get ahead of his paper work.

After that, the two went, and walked around town, Quirin was showing Varian what it was like being the head of the village.

Hearing about people's problems, helping them fix old fences, writing stuff down to tell the king in a letter later.

After a couple of hours they headed back home, Quirin lit the fire place, it was getting chilly at night. Winter was coming.

The sun soon set, and Quirin closed all the windows, so no light would come in.

When he got to the last one, he stopped, the moon was full... it's nightly glow eliminated the road.

"What is it?" A sleepy, pajama wearing Varian asked rubbing one eye.

Quirin turned to look at his son, the boys eyes where as big as the moon, but they had a slight glow to them.

Quirin quickly closed the blinds, and turned to his son, the glow dimmed.

"The moon is full, but that won't distract us from this nice warm fire place" he walked over, and sat in a nice chair.

Varian smiled, they never get to stay up late, so he happily went back to the rug, and continued to read his book.

Late that night, after Varian fell asleep on the rug, Quirin picked the kid up, and put him in bed, making sure his window was shut, he went back to waiting.

When the knock came at the door, Quirin quickly got up, and made his way over to the door.

When he opened it, he smiled, "come on in" he let the woman in, "oh thank you Quirin!" She seemed to smile, "I'm so sorry for being late, the road is tough of me"

The man sighed in relief, "well thank goodness you made it, here, let me show you the guest room." He led the woman to an empty extra room in the house, there was a bed, and a night stand.

"Again, thank you for comming again, Gothel"

Chapter end!

Wahahahaha!!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Until Next time! :D