past

Jeno was really stupid. Well, stupid to say it in the kindest terms. Jeno had a crush on probably the most beautiful people in the country. Maybe even the most gorgeous creature to have walked the face of the earth. Words failed to explain how much Jeno loved him.

Thing is, he was pretty sure that he didn't like guys. For one, he had a girlfriend. Him and his girlfriend of his always looked so happy together, too. Sometimes he just wanted to squish her smile off her face and throw it in the trash can. Jeno wished he wasn't such a stupid romantic.

Although, Jeno had experienced a sort of "first love". Although, his first love wasn't something happy, and had really ended quite terribly

--

It was only a week into school, and Jeno had already gotten himself hurt. Falling down was on the top of his to-do list that day, definitely. But, as it had turned out, everything happened for a reason.

He had gotten a cut on his leg, and didn't even realise it until he was on the complete opposite side of the school. He made his way there, and that day, something great happened. As he was walking (okay, running. Okay, limp-running) to the nurse's office, he had bumped right into a boy who looked about his age, giving him a small scratch.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?"

"Could ask you the same thing"

Jeno laughed, and asked if he needed to go to the nurse's office. Gladly, the boy wasn't bleeding and didn't have to. He offered to help Jeno get to the nurses office. As they walked (not ran, not this time, seeing as they were fairly close and it isn't like they could get in trouble for going to the nurse's office) to the destination, The two made a conversation.

"What's your name? Mine's Lee Jeno"

"Na Jaemin, and you have a nice name"

"Really, you think so? Thanks, yours is nice too"

"Your just saying that"

"I'm not, really"

They both laughed, and the questions kept going.

"Do you like Chocolate?"

"Yeah, what's your favourite type?"

"Dark Chocolate"

And then there were slightly weird questions, you know, ones that made zero sense to ask at the moment.

"Would you eat a dog treat if you got payed for it"

"Depends how much money I was getting, how many i was going to eat, and how desprate I was"

"So if you were getting paid a million dollars to eat 10 large dog treats and you were like more broke than dirt, would you do it?"

"No one I knows has a million dollars, and if they did, well they would have ended up getting ripped off and spending it all"

"Good answer"

Although, as they reached the nurse's office, Jeno got a sticky note from his bag and a pen, and wrote down his number, and told him to text him.

It was probably the best day of his life. From then on, they had been friends, nothing more. Never at any point had they ever had any type of romantic relationship, maybe if they had lived different lives they would, seeing as they we literally that close. He never saw him the same way he saw his crush. But, the whole time they were best friends, forever and ever.

Until one day.