Chapter 5: The Chain

May POV 

I had finally finished the grocery shopping and was finally on the right floor for mine and Peters apartment. I was trying to unlock the door when I turned my head and saw someone carrying boxes into the empty apartment, wasn't so empty anymore. 

When I managed to get back inside I put the groceries away and then headed over to the apartment next door. Might as well introduce myself and I wanted to know where the girl got her shoes from cause they were nice, and to be fair her dress was too. I knocked on the door and waited with some cookies on a plate, I made them earlier and thought why not. 

"Hi, are you one our new neighbours?" Asked the blonde girl, late high school early college sort of age, when she opened the door. 

"Yeah I'm May Parker, I live next door with my nephew he seems around your age, he's 16" I rambled but she didn't seem to mind. 

"Why don't you come in I'm sure I can get Jeremy to wrangle is up some milk for those cookies?" She asked and I nodded my head as I followed her inside. "I forgot to introduce myself I'm Caroline, Caroline Forbes and I'm a senior in high school so it'll be nice to see friendly face besides Jeremy around in the first day" she said and I nodded, yeah I'd prefer knowing someone as well. "Jeremy where the hell are you we have a guest, this apartment isn't big I will find you!!" She suddenly shouted into the small hallway, only three bedrooms and a bathroom, and yes yes I did jump. 

"So are both you and Jeremy in high school?" I asked her and she nodded whilst pouring some milk into a glass. 

"Yep both seniors although Jeremy tested out of a few grades cause he should be a sophomore cause he's 16" she said and I nodded. I was mainly trying to know if I'd ever seen the dress she was wearing somewhere before because damn it's more gorgeous up close. 

"Okay I'm going to cut to the chase" I Said and she looked up shocked and panicking slightly. "Where did you get that dress? And let's not forget those gorgeous shoes that I would sell my soul for" I Said and she laughed and I heard a door close in the hallway. 

"Jeremy finally you decided to show your face, this is May Parker she lives next door. She also has great fashion choice which was very rare in Mystic Falls let me tell you about this one girl.." and that was me and Caroline for a few hours. We gossiped and talked clothes and it was one of the best days ever, me and Caroline will be great friends. Maybe I could know what was going on with Peter, have my own personal spy. We were interrupted from our conversation by my phone ringing, it's Peter. 

"Peter hey what's up?" I asked up when I answered the phone. 

"So I'm home and your not and I'm panicking cause where are you, your always home by 5pm and it's now 6pm and you haven't called texted me for hours, not even a 'hey Peter I'm alive just gonna be late home, don't worry I'm not buried in a ditch somewhere'" she screamed hysterically down the phone. 

"Okay Look I'm sorry how about you Order take out and I'll be back home soon, okay?" I suggested until the phone was taken from my hand. 

"Hi Peter I'm your new neighbour Caroline, why don't you just round to my place and you can have dinner here? A nice apartment welcoming dinner or whatever" she said and I was about to protest but she continued. "That should translate to get your butt to my apartment, bye sweetie see you in a few" she said before hanging up. 

"As you can tell Caroline's very  bossy" said a masculine voice from behind me. Hot voice but will be have a hot face, the answer is yes and yes for the hot body too for some reason he wasn't wearing a shirt. 

"Jeremy finally making an appearance now start cooking that nice lasagna" ordered Caroline and he followed her orders, he put a shirt on though I'm not sure if I should be thankful or not. About 5 minutes later a knock sounded on the door when I was talking to Jeremy and Caroline about what they were doing after high school. "I'll get it" Said Caroline before she rushed off to answer the door. 

"Hi you must be Peter  it who is this?" I heard Caroline say and god Peter and Ned were attached at the hip. 

"Oh urn this is Ned but he's leaving I think.." he trailed off and I can imagine him turning to Ned looking confused. God they were clueless. 

"Nonsense the more the better cause that means Jeremy has to make more food which means more leftovers for me" she said and I heard them both shuffling in awkwardly before the door closed. 

"I feel like I'm being pumped out for my cooking skills Care, why not invite the rest of the building as well?" Asked Jeremy when they came back into the kitchen. I felt Peter come up next to me like he wanted to say something he didn't want the others to hear. 

"I was going to bring the cookies you said you made round but I couldn't find them" he whispered. He then spotted the plate. "That use to have cookies on it did t it?" I nodded my head. "Great" he sighed before sitting at the table where Caroline started shooing us. 

"Soooo Peter and Ned what's the gossip for Midtown High?" She asked and I knew from the wide eyed stares that Peter and Ned were in way over their heads when trying to talk to someone like Caroline. 

And from his snort I'm guessing Jeremy knew that too. 

A/N the song has nothing to do with the chapter I just liked it, so yeah...