Part 1

Omkara

The last two weeks had been torture. Omkara thought the worst had passed as he wept over the ashes of his creations - that he was burning away the pain... the hurt... that feeling that had slowly crept up over him that he had yet to name. He thought the gaping hole in his chest would recede as the time went by... that he would no longer wait for her, but he still found himself sitting in the main hall facing the door. His eyes would not waver from it for minutes at a time and after a week of this behaviour his family finally came out of their happy wedding stupor and noticed his turmoil.

A week ago Omkara's brothers had worn him down and forced the truth out of him. Red eyed, sleep deprived and emotionally spent he told Shivaay and Rudra about the phone call, following THAT B*****d to that shady hotel that had an hourly rate and seeing Gauri's name on that register. He couldn't even get the words out without sobbing... so how had she done it? How had she let THAT F****er call her to meet him... write their names down together... What were they doing in that room (the guy at the register revealed they had paid in full advance for the weekend)... Had she let him touch her? Were they together now? Had she...had they...? By the end of his explanation Omkara was feeling nauseous, unable to stop his staggered breathing at the thought of another man's hands on HIS wife.

ShivRu were speechless as they looked upon their broken brother. What could they say? What did you say when you suddenly become a witness to the end of your beloved brother's marriage. As was there nature, ShivRu chose their separate routes. For Shivaay it was a question of protecting his family and The Great Wall of Shivaay' came up automatically - gone was the affectionate Bade Bhaiyya... Gauri had the capability of sinking his brother if he was not cut loose from her. Shivaay would squash this leech before it sucked his brother dry. For Rudra he saw his O's anguish and realised his brother had fallen and fallen hard. Rudy Bhaiyya knew his Chulbul Bhabhi - she was not capable of such deceit... O must be mistaken. Rudra would not let anything disrupt his brother's love story - he would defend his Chulbul Bhabhi.

"O...O ho sakta hai ki tum hi galat samajh rahe ho. Mera dil maanta hai ki Chulbul Bhabhi aisa kuch nahin kar sakti. O...O it could be that you are misunderstanding this. My heart believes that Chulbul Bhabhi can not do anythiong like this. You must have got it wrong." Rudra pleaded with Omkara.

"Give it a rest Rudra! It's time to be practical. I'll call the lawyers - we can have the divorce papers ready by noon." SSO was in action mode, unaware of the bloodshot eyes that were now glaring at him. "We have to make sure you are are protected Om. She won't get a dime of alimony, trust me. I will make it difficult for her to breathe in this city! Don't worry, nobody gets away with hurting Shivaay Singh Oberoi's family!"

"Hai main marjawan! Yeh kya bol raha hai tu, Shivaay? Hamare khandaan mein talaak? Ohhh let me die! What are you saying Shivaay? Divorce in our family?"

The brothers had been unaware but their family had been eavesdropping on their conversation and had heard all the shocking details. It had been Dadi of course who released the typical dialogue, all that remained was -

"Itna kuch hogaya aur humme kuch pata hi nahin chala. So much happened and we didn't find out."(Oh... She got that one in there too. So sly Dadi.)

"Oh My Mata! Oh my Goddess!" (No prizes for guessing the next family member to get their word in.) "Pata kaise lagta? Sab ne aankhon mein patti jo bhaand raki hai. Aap sab ko meri baatein karvi lagti hai, par meine toh pehle hi din se iss ladki ko padak liya tha. Kaha tha na JethaniJi... Phoothi kismat hamari! How would you find out? Everyone is blindfolded. You may find my words bitter, but I figured this girl out from the first day. Didn't I tell you JethaniJi... Our bad luck!"