Part 2

"So she called you twelve times and then... nothing. It's been two weeks and you're just coming to check on her now?" Omkara questioned Dandi in disbelief. The rest of the Oberois were scattered about the hall, glad Omkara was finally talking, but ready as always to jump into the conversation.

"I called and one of the people working in your Taj Mahal told me she was out for some work. I do have my own life, and things have been busy. But apun aaj aaya hai to apun ki Sister ko sath mein lekar jaunga. But as I am here today I will take my Sister with me." Dandi had lost his patience with Gauri's husband. He had never met a more clueless man. He had been unaware of his wife's whereabouts for two weeks, and was now thinking of starting to search.

"Takes her wherever you wants. Bas hamare sar se who musibat tal aye. Just get that trouble off our heads." Pinky had to get a word in.

"Yeh aap kaise baat kar raheen hain apun ki Sister ke barain mein? How are you talking like this about my Sister?" Dandi fumed. These Oberois were getting on his last nerve.

"Tumhari Sister' ki toh harkaton ne humein pareshaan karke rakha hai. Itni zaleel ladki toh meine apni lifes mein nahin dekhi!(Specially for Pooru - a typical TRP dialogue) We are all fed up of your Sister's' antics. I have never seen a more lowly girl!" Pinky started her normal drama, but this time she began it in front of someone who had no familial obligation of respect towards her.

Dandi did not hold back anymore, his worry for his Sister winning over his ingrained politeness. Gauri deserved better - he knew she did. However, before he could begin to reprimand the older woman, his Sister's blue-eyed brother-in-law piped in.

"Look, I understand that you're worried for your sister, but she is not here and we don't know her whereabouts. Omkara and Gauri are separating so please find your sister yourself and let her know that we want no further contact -"

Omkara cut across Shivaay.

"I told you to stay out of my personal life Shivaay! Nobody is separating! We have issues, we will resolve them... that's how marriage works. When Gauri comes home I will talk to MY wife. Nobody else has a say. I had a moment of weakness in which I shared my problems with my brothers, but that does not give you the right to make my decisions for me. This is MY life." These two weeks without Gauri had clarified one thing to Omkara... no matter how low his wife had fallen, she was his WIFE. Their relationship deserved a real chance... it needed a real chance. He needed her, so he would forgive her. He would prove that he was no Tej Singh Oberoi... Omkara Singh oberoi would not let his marriage become a public spectacle.

Tej practically beamed with pride at the man he could see his Omkara had become. This was his heir... the man who had the will to face his own problems head-on, not the boy who had hidden behind his elder brother.

The fore-mentioned elder brother felt deeply conflicted. On the one hand he could not believe his Om was willingly inviting so much hurt into his life, going so far as to oppose him to welcome Gauri back... but on the other he was awed at his brother's maturity. Could Omkara really forgive such a great sin? Shivaay had himself felt the raw lava that burned inside a man when another touched their girl, and if Anika had ever betrayed him thus, then his marriage would surely have ended. How could Omkara overlook this? Did his unwanted wife really mean so much to him? Shivaay had personally been trying to create a connection between the two... but could it be that he had gotten the wrong end of the stick again? He had thought that his sister-in-law was in love with her husband, but it had come to light that it was Gauri who wanted out of the marriage, going so far as betraying his beloved little brother. Maybe, just maybe, he had also been mistaken in judging his own brother. He had believed Omkara was feeling stuck in this marriage, but could the opposite be true? Could Omkara be in unrequited love with his wife? No. One-sided love was like any other ghate ka sauda' - not worth it. Shivaay's determination strengthened. He had to look out for Omkara. He had to protect his brother's interests. And if... if... if the only way to do that was to trample the girl he had come to see as a sister... well, Shivaay Singh Oberoi could turn his back on the love of his life for his Omkara. Gauri may have endeared herself to him, but if she held the power to destroy his brother... his best friend... then she had to go. Shivaay would snuff out the flame of brotherly affection she had gently evoked in him, for it was nothing on the years of blazing love he held for his Om.