Scene 3 - Newflash! Soda Cans Hurt!

Angus tugged on his tight fitting work trousers. As he secured the clasp, he made a mental note to lay off the Maccy D runs for a while. He pulled the hair tie from his hair letting it fall back across his shoulders. He turned his head in mirror. Wincing a little, as the collar chafed his neck.

"That'll do," he said.

"Oi Angus. You gotta come see this!"

"Ell, I got work in twenty mins, can't it wait?"

"Not really it's on the news now. It's about Korn. Come on before the in-depth story starts."

Angus ran down the stairs to see what the commotion was about.

"-anks Trisha. Today was a grave day for Korn and Korn fans alike, when the main vocalist, Jonathan Davies, found he was unable to remember Freak on a Lease or any of his own songs. Sadly, the tragedy of the today's events didn't stop there. Unable to perform any of this own songs, Jonathan Davies found himself singing 'Baby' by Justin Bieber. Fans described his actions 'sickening' and 'a disgrace to the name of metal'. Many of the fans, sharing similar views, hurled a barrage of soft drinks at his head; leaving the lead vocalist unconscious on stage."

"Shit that is fucked up. Something's not right Ell. I don't know what the heck it is, but some weird shit is going down."

She nodded.

"I think you're right Angus," she said. "Funt! Look at the time. You're goin' to be late Ang."

"Shit, you're right. Better get a move on." He took one look outside the door to see the monsoon that awaited him, "don't suppose you could give me lift Ell?"

"Sure, no problem. As long as you bring me back a kebab on the way home."

"Aye, it's a deal."

Lightning flashed and thunder growled in the distant sky, while heavy pellets of rain fell from the ominous clouds above.

"Fuck me, this weather has been mental the last few weeks," said Angus.

He knew something happened about three weeks ago. Something important, but he couldn't say for the life of him what it was.

As if by lightning, it hit him.

"How could I be so dense", he thought, as he slapped the top of his head with his hand.

"Metallica died."