Chapter One*

Your POV-

I walk the path to school, my melancholy thoughts swirling around my head. My head is protected from the sparse splattering of rain by my black hoodie. The air is oddly cold, making me shudder. I know that this school year may not be the best, especially since Chloe is in my class. She's not the nicest person, and I was hoping that I wouldn't have to see her again. But, I plan to make the most of it.

After all, this is my first year going to a regular school. Being homeschooled has advantages, but I crave the freedom and opportunity to have real friends, not just Chloe.

My mother is a great women, but she can be power-hungry at times. She is a jeweller, and she introduced me to the Mayor's daughter, in a bid to gain the Mayor's favour and also to get publicity. Most of the time I stay away from the spotlight, but mother said I could stop homeschooling if I hung out with her for awhile.

Urgh, just thinking about makes me irritated.

I sometimes model my mother's jewelry, and you can find my fake persona on many posters throughout Paris.

In reality, I try to avoid fancy, expensive designer clothes and stick to more practical and comfortable clothes. I don't smile that much, and I actually look kind of plain.

I don't mind that I blend in with the crowd and go unnoticed most of the time. It's actually nice.

I feel bad for Adrien Agreste, one of my acquaintances. I say 'acquaintances' because I don't know him well enough to call him a friend. In fact, I don't really know anyone enough to call them a friend.

Adrien has to suffer from being recognized wherever he goes, whereas I get to move through crowds virtually invisible.

I get to school and am pleased to see that I'm early. I can introduce myself to the teacher. After I meet her, I sit down in the second last seat on the aisle closest to the door.

"Hello! My name's Alya!" A nice girl introduces herself.

"Hi, I'm Y/n." I reply, smiling nervously.

"This is Marinette, Nino, and this is Adrien," She continues, introducing me to her friends who just walked in.

Marinette smiles and waves, Nino salutes me, and Adrien smiles before recognition floods his countenance.

"Y-y/n! It's been such a long time!" He says, his smile seemingly brightens.

"Hey Adrien! Yeah, I know, I've been busy." I barely notice the look of death that Marinette shoots me before she stares at the ground sadly.

I keep talking with the group, but I get distracted as another boy walks in. He has gorgeous ginger hair, and a gorgeous face.

I can't help my staring as I follow him with my gaze as he walks behind me and sits at the very back.

"Who's that?" I ask Alya quietly.

"Who? Him? That's Nathaniel, he's great!" She rambles.

My heart speeds up as his eye flick up. I quickly look away, not wanting to be caught staring. But, I catch Adrien staring at me staring at Nathaniel during class.

The day goes by surprisingly fast. I mainly pass the time by memorizing Nathaniel's face. I'm not trying to be creepy or anything, I just really think he's cute. And amazing. And I really want to talk to him, but I'm too scared.

After school, I start to walk home but Adrien stops me.

"Y/n! Uh, hey, we're all going to get some food, if you want to join us?" His green eyes search mine nervously, as if he really wants me to come.

I nod, smiling. "Yeah, I'd love to."

Adrien beams brightly, and leads the way back to the group. I can't help but notice that Marinette's eyes never seem to leave Adrien, and how she always blush when he talks to her.

I order my favourite food and sit in the booth of the restaurant next to Adrien. Marinette sits beside Alya, who sits beside Nino, who sits beside Adrien, who sits beside me.

We laugh and talk about everything from our favourite foods to Chloe's rude antics. I hardly notice Adrien's arm brushing against mine as he reaches for the salt shaker. Marinette seems to notice though, and turns red with jealousy?

Does she have a crush on him or something?

I continue eating, listening to the playful banter between Alya and Nino.

I sigh, thinking of my own newfound crush on Nathaniel. He's amazing. From what Alya and the other say about him, I have come to the conclusion that he is the best.

I still think of Nathaniel even as I try to fall asleep. Maybe I'll find the courage to talk to him tomorrow.

Adrien's POV-

"Plagg, did you see her? I had no idea she was going to be in my class!"

"Huh, yeah whatever. She's the one on the poster, right? The one you crush on?" Plagg flies over to the poster of her hanging on the wall.

"Uh?! What, um no!" I say, blocking his view of the picture.

"Sure. Do you have any camembert?"

I sigh, handing him some cheese, "Plagg, this is amazing!"

"I'm glad you're finally finding appreciation for this delectable cheese," Plagg purrs, munching happily.

I facepalm, flopping on the bed, "No, that stuff stinks. I'm talking about Y/n going to school with me."

I think about Y/n for awhile, her smile fills my mind, making me smile on instinct.

"What about Ladybug?" Plagg says.

"What about Ladybug?" I fire back, not realizing what I just said.

"Ooh, someone's been bitten by the love bug."

"No! I just think she's. . . great, that's all."

"Mhmm," Plagg nods, rolling his eyes. "We'll see about that."