Chapter Two*

Your POV-

The world stops spinning as a certain redhead walks up to me. Or, he walks to the group consisting of Alya, Marinette, Adrien, Nino and I, but that's pretty much the same thing.

I look at the ground nervously. 

Everyone seems to notice my change of demeanour, and Alya smirks. Alya grabs Nathaniel by his shoulders and positions him beside me, so that our arms are almost touching. 

I shoot a glare at Alya, who giggles, whispering something to Marinette. 

"Hey guys, what's up?" The ginger asks, clutching his notebook close to his chest as he looks at Marinette with a small smile. 

"Oh, nothing much, just talking about how great Paris is, you know since it's the city of love and everything." Alya smirks, poking me in the arm playfully. 

I blush, but no one seems to notice. 

"Yeah, Paris is great! There's a lot of stuff to draw here." Nathaniel says.

"You like drawing?" I ask, finding the courage to look into his glorious blue eyes. 

Adrien shoots me a glance, and Nino smirks at Alya, and Marinette stares at Adrien, and Nathaniel looks at me. 

"Uh, yeah. I love to draw. It's my passion, actually." He answers.

I nod and smile at him but before I can say anything more, Adrien grabs my arm, "Y/n, we're going to catch a movie, we'd love if you'd join us." 

I glance at Nathaniel's retreating form, saddened a bit, but I nod. "Sure, what movie?"

Nino hops into the conversation, "Oh, it's this great movie about-"

I zone out as I watch the back of Nathaniel's head as we walk in opposite directions. Adrien sees this, and laughs at something Alya said, slyly linked his arm with mine. 

I grin, it feels great to have such amazing friends to hang with. 

~

The movie was pretty great, but I had no idea there'd be so many jump scares. It was about an Alien attacking people on a spaceship, and it was kind of scary. 

Any time I got scared I'd accidentally grip Adrien's hand, as it was right next to mine. I didn't notice that Marinette noticed that I was holding his hand for most of the movie, but I did see that Marinette looked sad after we walked out of the movie theatre. 

"What's wrong Marinette? Was the movie too scary?" I ask her, genuinely concerned that the movie may have been too much for her. 

"N-no, I'm fine. The popcorn didn't agree with me I guess. My stomach hurts, so I'm just going to go home now."

"Oh, that's too bad. We were going to get ice-cream," Adrien adds, and Nino and Alya also share their condolences about her stomachache. 

"Hope you feel better Marinette!" I call after her as she leaves. Turning to Adrien and the group, I ask them where we're going. Adrien walks beside me as we make our way to a small ice-cream shop that's open late hours. 

I enjoy the cool breeze for awhile, until goosebumps appear on my arms. I rub my arms as we walk in an effort to warm them.

Adrien notices, "Are you cold? Here take my coat." 

He takes off his comfy coat and wraps it around me. 

"Aww, thanks Adrien. You didn't have to do that." I say, glad for the warmth.

"It's my pleasure, Y/n." He says, before slipping his hand in mine. 

I blush, before everything clicks in my head. I know why Marinette left, it's because she's jealous of me and Adrien. 

Marinette likes Adrien! How did I not notice that before! She must have seen us holding hands and came to conclusions! 

Oh, I feel bad now. 

I gently peel my hand from Adrien's, pretending not to notice the hurt on his face, and keep walking. 

Alya and Nino walk a bit ahead of us, and I focus on them as I walk. As soon as we get to the ice-cream parlour, I give Adrien his coat back and sit next to Alya. 

"Bummer Marinette's not feeling good." 

"Yeah, it's a shame." I agree, distracted by my newfound discovery of Marinette's crush. 

Well, it's cool that Marinette also has a crush on someone. She likes the blonde model, and I like the redhead artist. 

I hope she'll believe me when I tell her that Adrien and I aren't a thing. Maybe she's been glaring at me because Adrien has been focused on me lately. 

The night goes by slowly, and I keep thinking about Marinette and how hurt Adrien looked when I wrenched my hand away from his. 

As I get inside, I ignore everything else, and simply fall into bed. I don't fall asleep right away. Instead, my brain goes into overdrive, thinking about Nathaniel, school, and chocolate. 

Marinette's POV-

"Oh Tikki! Adrien likes her!" I cry, my voice muffled from the pillow over my head. 

Tikki tries consoling me, "It's ok Marinette, it probably wasn't anything romantic! She was just scared from the movie and held onto the closest thing! Really, you shouldn't worry! And, even if it is something, you shouldn't be so jealous!" 

I sigh, sitting up, "You're right Tikki, but I still don't like her!" 

"Oh, Marinette. . ." Tikki whispers, stroking my cheek.