4

Third POV

The adolescent descended down the stairs silently and entered the room immediately being the center of attention.

Goosebumps littered his skin under his jacket and fear silently crept on his eyes,he looked down and slowly walked to his position only to find a male in a suit reading a book.

Angry and sleep deprived,he took his collar and pulled him closer the monster within him threatened to escape despite this,he controlled his emotions.

"Get off my spot you good for nothing shithead."
Venom dripped from his voice as it came out velvety yet ferocious at the same time making the older males body instinctively flinch in nervousness and fear.

The death grip on the strangers clothes were released.In a rush he stood up and collected his things in attempt not to anger the male any longer.

"God I absolutely despise people."

Kueren sat down once more and closed his eyes ignoring the sudden shouts of terror the surrounding people let out.

An hour had passed slowly as the raven haired boy's eyes fluttered open.Eyes scanned through the room where unconscious bodies scattered across the now hidden floor.

"Wimps,I can't believe trash like these still have the pride and confidence to join when they can't even get over a rocking boat."

He looked around only to meet a man with a traditional tabard staring right in his eyes.

The peculiar male gave a smirk to the blond staring at him.

There was movement on his wrist,he gripped on his weapon tightly and glared at the charcoal haired male.

Soon the door burst open to reveal three characters.

A boy with green clothing too match.Rust colored thread decorated the ends of his shorts and collar.Bravely,he volunteered to tend to the unconscious men.

Next was a scrawny male with water who assisted the shorter male.Judging by his appearance he was a crew member of the ship.

The oldest looking fellow was bulky with a red nose.He reeked of booze and salt.

Kuren let out a sound of disapproval at him.

"The four of you,come with me."
••______________________________••
Kuren's POV
"Introduce yourself and your purpose."
Was the rough voice of the captain who stood in front of us

"I guess I'll go first!"
The green bird chirped positively.The joy he was letting out almost cost me to gag.

I listened boredly until I was next.

"Kuren.My past and goals are irrelevant,this information is something I cannot share."
My nose scrunched up at the unpleasant movement the Captain was clearly displaying.

"I agree with him Sir.There is no significant purpose of sharing your past to others.My past has nothing to do with you nor do I want to tell anyone in this room especially a hostile skunk."
Disinterest was evident in his voice and his annoyance clearly pointed to me.

"The only scoundrel in this room is you contacts."
My eyes that were previously closed opened lazily and looked at the distressed man in front of me.

"Y-you....."
His eyes turned into a pink shade before he looked down on the floor.

"Hey!Lets not fight,besides we're here for the same reason right?"
The boy I now recognize as Gon chimed.

"Kid stop causing a commotion when we only want to go the Exam so shut up,and blondie get over it."
The man in the suit remarked.

"Alright three more are disqualified."

Everyone gave surprised looks before they began to explain their past.They looked at me expecting and answer.

"I said it before,I won't repeat it.You can toss me of the boat for all I care I have legs and know how to swim.Besides,your job here is to take us to the site not get to know us.You could tell the organization of my appearance and name but I'd change it anyway."
The adult turned to a bright red causing me to smirk.

"Listen brat,don't take the organization as some kind of nonchalant company,there is someone who can find you and figure you out in this world so you can change your clothes and shave your head,it won't change anything.With this attitude of yours,you won't be a hunter everyone would respect."

He was already in front of me standing tall looking intimidating.The others were staring and the scrawny pirate was shaking in his pants.

"Spare me your lecture old man.I only seek one thing in this world and I'm willing to turn it all upside down just to get it.I only want the freedom that comes with that plastic card.I'd gladly fight for it even if it means killing.Being a hunter doesn't mean you have to inspire and do good.Bounty hunters kill for money.They kill those with evil intentions but they still shed blood."

I slammed the door open and went on my way to the room underneath.
••______________________________••
Hours later I felt the ship come to a stop,I rose up from my crouching position.I shoved my hand on my pocket and slung my bag around my shoulder.

The door creaked open before being slammed all the way resulting to a loud band enough to wake some people up.

"Kid,it's either you leave to the site or try again next year."The captain had a shit eating grin on his face displaying his stained teeth.

I walked towards him only to stop to when I was in front of him.

"I like your spunk kid,you got me good at the bridge a while ago eh?Head to the tallest tree or ride the bus.Either way you'd make it in the Exam Site in the end."
He is placed his hand on my shoulder which I slapped off quickly.

"Whatever."
I walked out and was about to exit the ship when I heard a shrill scream.

"MY LOOT'S GONE!"
I looked back and saw the captain let out a sigh before he signaled me to go.
••______________________________••
I made my way to the path the captain told me to follow.I saw a flash of several color sand white causing me to hide.

"Come out little one."
Exclaimed an old and soft voice.

I grumbled and went out only to see a group of weirdos standing on layered wooden planks.

She quickly shouted about her questionnaire.

"Your son is being beaten to death while your wife is being hanged.Who will you save?"

I didn't answer the question as I slowly walked towards her.

A few second past and she screamed about how silence was correct.

"Boy,your the only one I saw who did not react and you even hid,if it were not for my sharp eyes I wouldn't have seen you.However,I am interested to your answer.It is the only different question I asked."

"I won't save any of them,they'll die either way.The woman was already hanged and the boy would have died from blood loss.A useless effort to even save them."
I defended softly only letting her and a few others hear.

I quickly turned my body to evade being stabbed by a staff.

"Child,I see great darkness within you.I pray one day you will be released from the chains of misfortune.
You have the talent and understanding,it would be waste to loose this opportunity."
Her tone was filled with wariness and worry.

Worry?To me?How kind

"Stop screaming Gran,you'll sound like a mule."
I uttered before I entered the doors that were open leading to the tall tree.
••_________________________________••

ter·ror
ˈterər/Submit
noun
1.
extreme fear.
"people fled in terror"
synonyms:    extreme fear, dread, horror, fear and trembling, fright, alarm, panic