Chapter Thirteen

Kentrell

     "Ben ain't that that nigga James from the other side?"

     "Yeah man that's him. Drive by him real quick," he said.

     I started driving the car along side the sidewalks where James was walking from what I figured was one of his houses.

     "Matter fact, wait until he leave so we can search his crib," he said.

      I slowed the car down and made a u-turn in the street.

     "He prolly got Maliyaah man, you know the beef we got with the other side!" Ben said sternly.

     "Ight come on. Getcha strap,"I told him.

     We approached the door and picked the lock. When we walked in, I noticed Maliyaah sleep, laying on some dudes shoulder while he was playing the game.

     "What tha fuck Maliyaah!" I yelled.

      She jumped up and ran to me.

     "Kentrell!" she yelled hugging me, but I pushed her off.

     "You got some damn nerve bitch! I been worried about you and shit, taking care of YOUR little sister, and you over here sleeping on another nigga!" I was enraged.

     "Kentrell it's not even like that!" she said starting to cry.

     "Man she was just crying to me about you and-" the boy started before I cut him off.

     "Shut the fuck up lil nigga," I said looking at him clenching my jaw.

     "You really tripping holmes, and you finna hear what I gotta say," he said shrugging his shoulders.

     I nodded, gesturing him to continue.

     "Maliyaah been crying every since she got here, about all y'all ! You, her little sister, Ben, ya brother, all y'all. The only reason the was sleep on my shoulder is because she started talking to me, and in the most of talking, she started crying. I was trying to comfort her, when she fell asleep on my shoulder. Calling her a bitch was not necessary patna, and you wrong for that," he explained.

     "Liyaah come hea," I said.

     She came towards me with her head low.

      "I'm sorry baby, really," I said sincerely.

      "It's okay," she said with a tear dropping down her face. I wiped it with my thumb.

      We started to walk out the door when ole dude stopped me.

      "I think you should know..James gone be more on your trail now, especially since you got Maliyaah back. Watch ya back man," he whispered.

      "What we whispering about?" Ben asked eating some chips.

     "Nigga are them my chips?" the dude asked.

     "If you're talking about the chips in the kitchen then, yes these are yours," he said crunching loudly.

     Ignoring Ben I continued my conversation with the dude.

     "You working with ya daddy?" I asked him.

      "Step daddy," he corrected me.

      "Yeah that. Are you ?"

     "Nahh I was just trying to make sure she good. He wanted me to make sure she don't escape and shit, but I've been thinking of a way to get her out of there. But you here so she good."

     I dapped him up.

      "Thanks man," I said.

      "Be good y'all, be on the look out for James!" he yelled to us as we got in the car.

      I was just glad as fuck I got my girl back.