Chapter 9.

Jade's POV.

It had been two weeks since that day on the couch.

We hadn't progressed any farther than heavily making out and some groping. We were both a little sexually frustrated, sure... But we both agreed to wait.

Tori, as many times as I told her not to worry about it, still thought that she was just my rebound. And I understand where she's coming from.

She told me when we eventually got around to eating all that fruit and the pancakes that even if she were a rebound, she didn't care that I was using her.

It hurt me a little that she thought like that, but I couldn't blame her. I put her down for years.

I was rarely nice to her.

But I know, deep in my heart- that what I feel for her is definitely not a rebound type feeling.

So we agreed if one of us felt like they were falling for the other, we'd use a code-word.

Silly, but everytime I wake up with her in my arms or on my chest- because that's how we always end up. -I mutter that codeword to myself in my head.

What is this stupid word you ask?

Banana Slugs.

I know, it's two words... But fuck you, let's see you come up with something better. It's not like 'Banana Slugs' will randomly come up in a conversation.

Right now, I was waiting for Tori to come home from work while I looked through my Slap Page.

I haven't been able to sleep without her beside me at all. Not since that first night.

So, her sleep schedule quickly became my sleep schedule.

I jumped as my phone pinged, signalling I had a text.

Vega. One New Text.

Raising an eyebrow, I unlocked my phone and opened the message noting it wasn't from Tori at all.

Hey, it's Vince.
Can you come pick Tori up? She's hurt herself at work and is having trouble walking.

I jumped out of bed, pulling a sweatshirt on over my tank-top, not bothering with a bra.

I grabbed my phone off the bed and slid it into my pocket after texting him back, letting him know I'd be there in a few minutes.

As soon as I got downstairs, I pulled on Tori's ugg-boots, which as ugly as they looked, were comfy as fuck and swiped my bag off the couch, pulling the door shut behind me as I searched my bag for the keys to my car.

--------

Slamming the car into park and shutting it off just outside the entrance of the club, I ran inside to see a few people crowding a particular area on the floor. There were only workers there, and someone was about to tell me they were closed for the rest of the night when they saw it was me. I didn't remember this workers name, but he seemed kind enough to chat with me whenever I came here to eat something while Tori was on her break or about to come on break.

"Jade, over here," Vince's voice gained my attention, and I pushed through the small crowd and crouched down at her side, grabbing her hand carefully.

"What happened?" I asked, anger in my voice.

"Some men got into a fight near the stage, and a beer went flying just as she was finishing her act," Sarah informed me. "She slipped on it and must have hit her head pretty hard."